Interest Rate

I was told by the USAA adjuster that she would approve my claim for $7,800 due to water streaming down behind tiles in my bathroom tub and through the floor on to the kitchen ceiling and through the kitchen light creating some lovely sparks. Then the adjuster sends out one of the USAA contracted plumbers who spent a total of 5 or 6 minutes who says there was no claim.

I would think the adjuster's opinion would outweigh the USAA plumber's opinion, but apparently not since USAA tries to deny every claim that they receive. I had numerous estimates from plumbers/contractors stating that we should not use the shower because the water coming through the ceiling light fixture would be dangerous. I called USAA headquarters. Claim denied.

I've been a USAA customer for 25 years with only one claim filed because a neighbor's tree fell on our house. Stay as far away from this company as possible.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Just so you know, insurance companies have been known to flag houses with water damage claims. If that happens, your house will not be insurable.

OK if you have no mortgage. More stress.

I've contacted three other plumbers, so claim is reopened at the moment. Still waiting for a determination. This has been a stressful experience.

The job of insurance companies is to deny claims. Contact another plumber.

to Anonymous #1496716

I was denied again. I'll be looking for another insurer in the future.

to Anonymous #1502782

USAA finally agreed to pay for ceiling repair, so it was worth all the phone time and e-mails back and forth. You have to fight for everything.

I'm glad I got an inside adjuster who actually took over an hour going over every detail of the claim and approved some of the payment. She also apologized profusely for the way this claim was handled.