Interest Rate

My wife and I were hit by an uninsured motorist.Our policy has medical, uninsured and underinsured coverage.

Wife wife had severe head trauma, I had a concussion and what is commonly referred to as whiplash. USAAs response was to delay the medical payments more than 6 months after the accident for both of us. In the mean time, I lost my job because I couldn’t function due to the severe pain I was in. Then while “investigating” my claim for medical payments, they undermined my payment arrangement with the hospital.

The final bill with the hospital for the emergency room service was more than $3,000 higher than what they had agreed to prior to USSAs interference. To add insult to injury, the claims adjuster told my lawyer that because I was “old” (her word), I would have eventually had “those problems anyway”. AND made a settlement offer that was half what the actual medical bills were much less the job loss. This was wrong on so many levels and probably untrue, by my doctors assessment, that the damaged vertebrae (from the accident) would not have caused the pain I’m in to this day.

As soon as my insurance claim is finished, which it has now been more than a year, I intend to file suit against them for breach of contract (there is another term for it that the lawyer used, but I don’t remember it). The lawyer said that case law is abundantly on our side. I don’t care if I even get anything out of it now, as long as it ends up costing them millions for settlements and the need to pore money into advertising to repair their image.

Maybe we all should get together and make it a class action.The only way they will stop doing this to veterans and taking advantage of us is if we speak out against them and tell our stories!!!!

Review about: Usaa Auto Claim.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Had an Experience with Usaa?

Comments

Rocky2017
#1381914

They lie very well when it comes to getting your business BUT their customer service sucks when you need them. Do like me and never use their services again. Don't beg a company to take your money, there are a lot of reputable other ones out there.

to Rocky2017 #1381986

I agree, in part.There is a lot I left out.

One part being that my wife is worse off than I am and not getting the care she needs. It complicated lawyer stuff. But the short version is , ‘do what you want to me but don’t hurt my family.’ They have caused her real pain by their lack of action. They need to pay in the only way that matters to them, the pocketbook.

We have 15 people with vetted claims.

We need more and then we can file.It will be big!