3.2

USAA used to be a really good bank and things went to ***.Most recently, Nov 2015, I deposited $6000 into an account and I had to wait 10 days for the check to clear even though it was actually clear in a few days.

They did give me access to $500 during the wait period, whoopdeef'ingdoo when you have bills to pay. This was something completely new as I had deposited a large checks in the past and never had this problem, always had instant access. A week after the same deposit I was on the phone with USAA and 30 seconds after I hung up I get a text message saying "You just linked an account, thanks for calling". I immediately logged on to the website and someone was literally on the phone with them at the same time I was and USAA gave the other caller access to my account so they could link a credit union in TN with my account.

I assume it was to take the aforementioned $6k since I had deposited it a week earlier and was still waiting to access it. Now I am treated like a criminal every time I call and don't get connected directly to who I need to talk to. I have to get a text with a code and answer questions and then wait to get transferred, asking if I really need to talk to someone, and then that someone comes on and asks me a ton of questions again, etc. pain in the ***, and they won't tell me what was happened with the person that accessed my account.

I having a sneaking suspicion it was an inside job, since it takes two weeks for the check to clear and a week for the linked account to become active. The linked account would have kicked in at the same time the cash was released from hold and USAA will not provide details on their "investigation". A few days ago I applied for a personal loan, this was to combine two USAA loans from a divorce, rates jumped 50% and the payment went up 33%, and then they act like they are doing you a favor. USAA used to be friendly and helpful and took into consideration your history with them.

No longer. I have been with them for nearly 18 years and have had several loans, no late payments with them or anyone else and I am always treated as a new customer not to be trusted. Their vehicle insurance rates are pretty decent and I have had no problem with that side of USAA but if you have damage to your vehicle you need to watch what parts are put back on. USAA pushes for third party parts, not OEM, so the quality may not be there when you get your vehicle back.

Anyway, I am dumping their sorry butts and wouldn't recommend them to anyone.Seven years ago-awesome, five years ago-okay, today-they suck.

This person wrote the review because of problems with payment of usaa auto insurance from Usaa. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Usaa to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was being treated like they are doing you a favor. Author liked the most convenience of having all accounts with one bank. If you have a chance, please immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Usaa for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Usaa?

Comments