Dekalb, Illinois

Went to usaa.com to become member.Got to section that says read agreement and proceed.

Agreement wasn't there. Couldn't proceed without lying about having read it. Left site and returned to try anew. Same thing.

Tried once more and was locked out. Called usaa and asked questions I had pertaining to secured American express card. Got answers. That was a week ago.

Got paid yesterday, had my discharge papers ready and called again today.

Answered a slew of ignorant questions. Came up with a password that was supposed to be used whenever I called. Finally was allowed into the website where I uploaded my discharge papers along with drivers license and awaited. One hour later, got email I was good to go.

I got onto the website and immediately applied for the card (my entire reason for bothering with all this rigamarole) and was asked same ignorant questions I had been asked to BECOME member, plus some personal ones about my family. Where and why they came up with those, I don't know. Was told my answers were wrong. ...?!

How, so? They were the same *** I answered earlier? Was kicked off website and, surprise, surprise, locked out again. Called back and was NEVER asked the password we agreed upon prior but, rather, was told to send copies of my social security card and something else.

Didn't get that last part, as I told them to cancel membership and don't call me or email me again.

If you think some of the insane things people say usaa does is made up, I assure you they can be true.Bar none, not public utilities, credit card companies or even collection agencies have achieved this level of incompetence.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Usaa Website
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with USAA?

Submit review

Comments

Dekalb, Illinois, United States #1314908

It's been nearly a year and they still send me letters and emails touting their secured card, loans, etc.