10.1K views
1.5

Ever since Stuart Parker took over as CEO of USAA, the company has turned to ***. No service, all greed.

They left me in the dust when I needed them most. This kind of stuff never happened under the direction of the last CEO. They used to be like a brother to me. Always there to help, and now they've turned into a greedy, technology-happy, corner-cutting piece of *** company.

This is especially awful due to the fact that their primary goal is supposed to be serving those who have served the country. Active duty, veterans, etc.

I'm a disabled combat veteran getting hardly anything from the VA and now I'm getting mistreated by USAA.

Product or Service Mentioned: Usaa Ceo.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

USAA Cons: Everything after ceo change.

Comments

@June Gomez

I too am leaving USAA after being with them, without complaints, for 10 years. I had a problem with a scam of an airline broker (JustFly).

I purchase an international ticket that they never processed. Tried to reach them for over 2 months. Constant calls to USAA for posting verification. Ended up cancelling that CC only to have USAA allow the airline to post over 2K to the old card.

Filed all the paperwork with USAA to fight it and USAA came back with the answer that it was my fault for not cancelling this ticket--even tho JUST Fly never processed it.

Today they would not give me the contact info for the chief of customer service or direct line to CEO. I am done with USAA>

Well Said... DItto

Still waiting for settlement from acciden July1st. Car was fixed quickly that's it.

my attorney say they have 30 days to respond to demand no word yet. Seemed like a good company at first now I'm wondering if I have to take them to court

Othman
@Anonymous

What happened? I fear that I may have to seek legal help, as well. They are not helpful or caring anymore.

I'm not sure if it is the new CEO or not but several of my friends and neighbors have left their jobs at USAA over the last year due to the corporate greed that is being pushed down the chain. They won't even let their employees transfer from one branch to another despite their family having military PCS orders. I intend on changing my business away from USAA.

I recently had an experience with USAA Ins. I was hit from behind in my truck by a driver covered by USAA.

He got out of his vehicle and handed his information to me,.. DL #, Ins info, home address, phone number. I called USAA claims,..they checked and he did have coverage,..

I got an estimate for the damage, they claimed they could not get a hold of there insured and turned down my claim.Every time I hear a commercial for USAA I want to smash my radio!! Scammers!!

@Anonymous

The same thing has happened to me and they have denied my claim I fixed my car myself and now I have no other avenue but to sue them and the insured. Type your message here

I agree that the service provided by USAA has declined over recent years. Also, the USAA web site is in need of some professional help, as it is difficult to navigate and many of its functions simply do not work. After more than fifty years as a USAA member I am taking my business elsewhere..

@James K. Van Riper

Good for you! I'm also going to look into a credit union!

I'm sick that they refused to help me in time of crisis after all my years with them! USAA is nothing more than social status anymore.

I have been a client of USAA for about 60 years. I am 85 now, have my auto,household, fine arts, investment portfolio, and IRA with USAA.

I was in a severe accident recently, with a professional driver who was injured. Fortunately I was not. The driver of the other care had insurance and went to jail on a DUI and fleeing the accident. USAA is low-balling me for $2000-$3000 on a total loss value, and refusing to reimburse us $200 on an authorized rental car.

They have handled the entire matter shabbily. I have spoken to people up the line with no result. I am used to the USAA which was developed uder General McDermott, rest his sole. Today I will be writing to CEO Stuart Parker who his receiving lots of complaints and is bearing responsibility for the actions of his people.

He will get a long letter from me. My concern is that today losing me as a customeris no longer a concern considering the size of USAA. That is sad.

Perhaps Mr. Parker with his mulyi=million dollar income will take time to right the wrongful treatment my wife and I have experienced.

@PASSWORD24

Been with USAA since the 1980s. Last year, I closed all my banking related products and went to NFCU since I've been with them for over 40yrs.

IRA/Investments went to Vanguard. Unfortunately Mr. Parker won't answer. That's the way he does business.

All you have to do is try and find his Biography. Won't see much if anything about his military background.

He was in less than 10yrs so I wouldn't have faith in anything he has to say about the military. The only thing I have left with USAA is Home/Auto Insurance but that could change early this summer.

@PASSWORD24

AT THIS TIME 79 YEARS OF AGE AND USAA MEMBER 55 YRS I AM READY TO PART WAYS WITH THEM ALSO......MOST OF THE GENERALS AND COLONELS RECALL WOULD BE TURNING OVER IN THEIR GRAVES....ITS ABSURD PAYING OVER 30-40 MILLIONS FOR ANY LEADER FOR RUNNING A COMPANY WHOSE SOLE BEGINNING WAS TO AID IN HELPING FELLOW OFFICERS IN THEIR MILITARY CAREERS AND LIVES......I KNOW ITS NOW OPEN TO ANYONE WHO CHOOSE TO BE A MEMBER, AND I RESPECT THAT, BUT THATS ALL. THE ASSETUAL VALUE OF HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS IN SALARY AND PERKS AND RETIREMENT BONUSES SHOULD HAVE NEVER REACHED THIS POINT......I AM BEING CRIPPLED BY ALIFE INSURANCE POLICY (TERM) THAT I NEVER EXPECTED ON MY WIFE.....SHE'S BEEN WITH ME FOR 57 YEARS AND NOW FEELS SHE HAS TO DIE IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS AT AN EVER INCREASING PREMIUM AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PASS ON THIS VALUE TO CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN.....SHE WAS MOTHERING WHILE I WAS I WAS IN VIET NAM 67-68, AND WAS HERE WHEN WE JOINED USAA AS A 2ND LT AT FT SILL, OK.....IN 55 YRS WE SUB MITTED 3 INSURANCE CLAIMS AND RECEIVED 1 AWARD FOR A BROKEN WATER HEATER IN OUR HOME AROUND 1971....THE OTHER 2 SMALL CLAIMS WERE DENIED.....FED UP!!!!!!!!

@john a bernardi

*** em

Fill a complaint with the US Attorney in the District you live in and also with the State Attorney General in your state. If enough people do this maybe the company will change its policies.

I am cancelling mu home and 5 cars with them. MSNBC is bad enough that they advertise there but the NFL advertising, supporting their hatred, is the straw that broke the camels back. USAA can go F themselves

@P.O.ed Paul

File a complaint with the US Attorney in the District you live in and also with the State Attorney General in your state.

I'm retired Army and have been a USAA member for 51 years. I have three vehicles insured and a credit card.

I watched active duty and retired Army folks switch to other companies over the last few years and asked one why he switched. He told me he gets money back on his credit card and finds USAA prices on auto and motorcycle insurance no longer competitive. Then I heard USAA for paying to advertise on the anti-military MSNBC Rachel Maddow show as if a lot of military are fans. The explanation I got back was that many military folks don't hear about the services offered by USAA ...

until they see it on the Rachel Maddow show. I'm not buying it and I'm going shopping for a better deal on my auto coverage as well as credit card.

@William G. Meeker

How about concentrating on HOW USAA treats their loyal customers and not how they advertise those products on particular shows. After all they also advertise on FOX news which is nothing but a right wing media outlet for conservative views and commentators (who rarely tell the truth), and they treat the customers from both groups like *** You probably don't like Rachel because she calls out these hypocrites with real facts and they don't like that.

@rocky