11.9K views
1.4

Ever since Stuart Parker took over as CEO of USAA, the company has turned to ***. No service, all greed.

They left me in the dust when I needed them most. This kind of stuff never happened under the direction of the last CEO. They used to be like a brother to me. Always there to help, and now they've turned into a greedy, technology-happy, corner-cutting piece of *** company.

This is especially awful due to the fact that their primary goal is supposed to be serving those who have served the country. Active duty, veterans, etc.

I'm a disabled combat veteran getting hardly anything from the VA and now I'm getting mistreated by USAA.

Product or Service Mentioned: Usaa Ceo.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

USAA Cons: Everything after ceo change.

Comments

@Danelly

there was a time when I was bragging about how awesome it was [to have USAA]. Last two years has increasingly made me dislike, then distrust, then dispise USAA.

I tried to wait it out, thinking they would change their policies, but alas the only thing they hear is money. They will only change their ways if they see they are losing money because people are leaving.

I agree - they suck! They are going to lose a lot of business because of it!

J K

USAA is not the auto insurance company. Just greedy

Samatha

I’ve been with them since 2003, coming home from combat in Iraq. I’ve been proud to be a part of an organization that CLAIMED to have been supportive to our nations vets.

The last few years this has not been the case. In fact they have even done the exact opposite, allowing an angry ‘soon to be ex wife’ make drastic changes and even accusations that would have me removed from being covered! So no, USAA should not be allowed to make that claim. I am out.

I will forever warn against the company. They will never see another dime from me either.

The most falsehoods about a good company that I have seen anywhere. Good riddance to all of you.

@PissedConsumer1683223

USAA certainly isn't what it used to be. I will move all of my accounts out to other financial institutions.

@PissedConsumer1683284

Agreed - they were once a great company but something changed a few years ago.

@PissedConsumer1683223

Calling all the veterans liars really isn't helping the cause. USAA is *** off the veteran community. I am warning all my active duty and vet friends.

@PissedConsumer1683223

Your experience may differ, but I'm guessing not by much in the end.

MICHAEL M

This is spot-on. I have had USAA since I was 18 for over 40 years.

I can't go into all the issues I had in last several years. Finally, it turns out they are no longer cheaper than everyone else and are substantially higher. Additionally, customer service has gone way down.

I left everything and am saving approximately 20% now. I knew something happened, they went from stellar to horrendous.

Thanks for that insight. We did business with the old USAA - I’ve just had a horrible experience and will never do business with them again. Horrible company

I could not agree more. After 31 years I just cancelled and/or transferred my retirement, credit, banking, and insurance to another carrier.

@PissedConsumer1680293

We're about to cancel ours too. 28 years. *** on USAA; well, maybe not if they were on fire....

@PissedConsumer1680293

Yep - I have canceled everything - checking savings insurance mortgage - I was with them for 22 years.

I have been a USAA customer for 22 years straight. I am having an issue with a transaction on my checking and savings accounts.

I have called 3 times and wasted at least 4 hours. Each time I call, the phone rep says the issue is being escalated to IT, but nothing happens. And every time I call back, I have to start from scratch. I moved $200,000 out of my accounts in 2011 because I was buying a house.

I am so glad I did. I will be closing all of my accounts with USAA soon.

@PissedConsumer1678770

Thanks

Harriet
@PissedConsumer1678770

The only true recourse is for members to gradually remove their insurance and financial support AWAY from USAA. They do not deserve your loyalty any more.

Im battling with them for the last 4 months over a $1300 fraud claim...every time I call I get promised resolution only to not hear from them until I call again....Been with this company for 31 years and this is my last...

Margaret H
@PissedConsumer1664938

HATE TO SEE IM NOT THE ONLY ONE THEY ARE DOING THIS TO

Jaisen

WOW and I thought I was the only one who thought their customer service sucked. Auto claim unresolved.

Demanded a call back from the office of the CEO, nothing. Claims manager called and blamed me for all the issues.

She is a liar and I caught them at it. Disgusting

USAA Reviews