12.4K views
1.4

Ever since Stuart Parker took over as CEO of USAA, the company has turned to ***. No service, all greed.

They left me in the dust when I needed them most. This kind of stuff never happened under the direction of the last CEO. They used to be like a brother to me. Always there to help, and now they've turned into a greedy, technology-happy, corner-cutting piece of *** company.

This is especially awful due to the fact that their primary goal is supposed to be serving those who have served the country. Active duty, veterans, etc.

I'm a disabled combat veteran getting hardly anything from the VA and now I'm getting mistreated by USAA.

Product or Service Mentioned: Usaa Ceo.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

USAA Cons: Everything after ceo change.

Comments

USAA uses sorry contractors and I had to take them to the state insurance commissioners office to make them repay me for a lost that was started by a neighbors fire. Amazing that I was charged for something caused by the home next door fire.

Yes they do ! They only care about the EXEC's and shareholders/investors!

@PissedConsumer1752750

USAA has no shareholders, it’s privately held.

#1752079

I reported over $5000 of bogus charges on my USAA American Express and VISA. This fraud was between June and August of 2019.

Not only did USAA repost 3000 of bogus charges they will not give me the new account number so that I may set up the new account numbers in my Bank's bill pay. I asked for a paper copy of the currently statement and there was going to be a charge to do so. SERIOUSLY, I can't get my new account numbers and you're going to charge me to go paper.

I have 5 insurance policies car and homeowners. I am seriously considering making some a few changes.

@PissedConsumer1752079

I would. I just transferred everything but my auto and home, because of other USAA issues.

Had my first claim on home owners in 12 years to come find out that USAA changed my options without consulting me, increasing my deductibles by $2000.

The home owners insurance is basically garbage now as I can't use it for anything. Getting rid of that PLUS getting rid of my auto before I get screwed again.

I'm going after USAA for a flood claim where they cheated us and allowed their contractors to steal our items. If any of you would like to join me in showing all the members that this is not the company it once was and now filled with criminals who take your money and when you have a claim they pay you pennies on the dollar and police themselves so they don't have to make a fair settlement contact me at 817-929-**** Timothy Bell

@Makaylee

They are trying to screw me now on my Infiniti. Can you contact me please

It’s true USAA sucks!!

@PissedConsumer1745418

USAA has lost its way, trying to drop USAA now

Totally agree. I am a current employee and all problems begin and end with Stewart Parker.

We need a new CEO who understands human connection as well as true growth strategies. There have been many changes implemented to be compliant however they have become slogans and they do not care about what happens on the front lines which is where risk actually occurs. In my department alone I have seen more than 15 people leave the company in the last 6 months including managers. They recently promoted a person to director who is actually part of the problem, if you ask almost anyone on the floor.

Sad. I had high hopes when I came to USAA.

@PissedConsumer1738705

Since you work at USAA you are part of the problem. Why would you remain at a company that mistreated the members who serve the country and put their life on the line for this nation.

Boycotting the company is the answer. As soon as my policy is up I am moving to Amica for auto and home insurance. I refuse to out another inch of my time and money in this horrible company.

I am beyond pissed. #karma

@PissedConsumer1738779

Relax Anon - everyone needs a job. And, if he recognizes the problem but policy doesn't afford him the ability to make changes, he will be part of the solution when the leadership understand the issue and changes.

Everybody works for something which has screwed over someone before. The problem here is not the screwing over, believe it or not, but the policies that enable the screwing.

@PissedConsumer1738779

We just left USAA after 19 years!! Saw our house and car insurance increase over 300% with no claims!!

Yup!!

300% over the last ten years!! They Suck!!

HORRIBLE BANK.......ALL THE WAY AROUND! Run as far as you can from this place!

I completely agree. Right around the time that he came into the CEO position in 2015, USAA has become a horrible company.

They do not care about protecting military families. They tried to charge me $35 for a credit card annual fee I never even used.

Also their auto claims dept sucks. Do not bother getting full coverage protection because they do not settle for what your claim is actually worth.

@PissedConsumer1732913

Wow They need to quit using military as their cover Anyone can be in USAA... stop using us for $$$

#1812072
@William V

As a former employee I can tell you not anyone can have their products and services. There are some minor exceptions where some states force all insurance companies to "Take All Comers" if they want to operate in that state, but its not advertised nor does it give you full membership...

Just that product.. Usually auto.

#1732004

I couldn't agree ore. I joined USAA in 1967 and it was a great organization.

However, in the last several years it has turned to one of the most frustrating companies I deal with.

I am soon to leave. Sad to see an organization that was once the leader in its field to end up as it has today.

@Rilda

I've been with USAA for 39 years. During that time I've made exactly 2 claims, both for broken windshields.

Prior to the approximately 2000 USAA's service was excellent; personal, quick, and efficient worldwide. When USAA opened its membership to just about anybody is definitely when the company went down the tubes, without any doubt whatsoever. They are closed on Sundays, have the worst website that I've ever used, their robotic telephone answering is unbearable to deal with, and their company representatives have difficulty speaking fluid, coherent, and basic english. My subscriber account is now upwards of $10,000, and after speaking with a rep I was told that you can't collect your subscriber funds unless you leave USAA (and then wait 6 months for the check) totally, which is what I intend to do.

And lastly, USAA used to be only an Officer and Senior NCO membership company. Now, it's open to entry level Enlisted personnel and their families, which has certainly raised the number of claims that they have. In addition, USAA does not insure homes in Florida anymore (since at least 2004), unless you are active duty. Just recently, USAA has been using a "Florida Affiliate" for Florida home insurance policies, and when I called I received a quote over $1300 more from the "affiliate" versus my present policy.

All a money making gimmick...

Good god, do I ever despise USAA now... Really sad to see what it's become!

@PissedConsumer1734920

You couldn't have said it better. My father was a Warrant Officer, and we were members when it was only available to officers and their families.

Now that they have opened to every Tom, *** and Harry they have become a money making organization only. Their customer service has gone down the drain, and they promote self service strategies that are geared towards screwing over their members.

USAA Reviews