8.2K views
1.5

Ever since Stuart Parker took over as CEO of USAA, the company has turned to ***. No service, all greed.

They left me in the dust when I needed them most. This kind of stuff never happened under the direction of the last CEO. They used to be like a brother to me. Always there to help, and now they've turned into a greedy, technology-happy, corner-cutting piece of *** company.

This is especially awful due to the fact that their primary goal is supposed to be serving those who have served the country. Active duty, veterans, etc.

I'm a disabled combat veteran getting hardly anything from the VA and now I'm getting mistreated by USAA.

Product or Service Mentioned: Usaa Ceo.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

USAA Cons: Everything after ceo change.

Comments

@Anonymous

Calling all the veterans liars really isn't helping the cause. USAA is *** off the veteran community. I am warning all my active duty and vet friends.

@Anonymous

Your experience may differ, but I'm guessing not by much in the end.

SkinnyClownFish589

This is spot-on. I have had USAA since I was 18 for over 40 years.

I can't go into all the issues I had in last several years. Finally, it turns out they are no longer cheaper than everyone else and are substantially higher. Additionally, customer service has gone way down.

I left everything and am saving approximately 20% now. I knew something happened, they went from stellar to horrendous.

Thanks for that insight. We did business with the old USAA - I’ve just had a horrible experience and will never do business with them again. Horrible company

I could not agree more. After 31 years I just cancelled and/or transferred my retirement, credit, banking, and insurance to another carrier.

@Anonymous

We're about to cancel ours too. 28 years. *** on USAA; well, maybe not if they were on fire....

@Anonymous

Yep - I have canceled everything - checking savings insurance mortgage - I was with them for 22 years.

I have been a USAA customer for 22 years straight. I am having an issue with a transaction on my checking and savings accounts.

I have called 3 times and wasted at least 4 hours. Each time I call, the phone rep says the issue is being escalated to IT, but nothing happens. And every time I call back, I have to start from scratch. I moved $200,000 out of my accounts in 2011 because I was buying a house.

I am so glad I did. I will be closing all of my accounts with USAA soon.

Thanks

EnchantedNorwegianForest476
@Anonymous

The only true recourse is for members to gradually remove their insurance and financial support AWAY from USAA. They do not deserve your loyalty any more.

Im battling with them for the last 4 months over a $1300 fraud claim...every time I call I get promised resolution only to not hear from them until I call again....Been with this company for 31 years and this is my last...

PhysicalSawfish936

HATE TO SEE IM NOT THE ONLY ONE THEY ARE DOING THIS TO

DeliciousBarracuda158

WOW and I thought I was the only one who thought their customer service sucked. Auto claim unresolved.

Demanded a call back from the office of the CEO, nothing. Claims manager called and blamed me for all the issues.

She is a liar and I caught them at it. Disgusting

I read EAC's comment (below) and have similar experience: loyal member almost 40 years, and now...looking to "move on"... Their "customer service" is a joke, and a bad one at that!

How many times have you called, been put on 'hold' for 15-20 min. and then "mysteriously" been disconnected?!! When you DO get someone, do they take care of the problem and make it right? My answer is a resounding: NO!

They do NOT! You get a LOT of excuses and NO appropriate redress of complaint! Their financial department is unbelievably incompetent! They screwed up not one, but TWO separate financial transactions of $100,000!!!

in less than one week's time! Their response "sorry 'bout that" No wonder people are 'pissed'!!!

GustyDog555
@2bad4USAA

Been a member since 1963. Last year a windstorm blew over a tree which destroyed my canoe.

They paid nothing. And to add insult to injury their premiums have doubled over he last 10 years or so.

I have felt the same with USAA. This used to be a company that did everything right.

I would defend them to the end. NOW this has become one of the worst entities to deal with on all angles. For almost 30 years I have been utilizing USAA, but over the last couple of years my experiences have been excruciatingly bad. Calling them out on their mistakes seems to put you on a black list.

I have been withdrawing all my Banking, Insurance, Retirement, Loans and other services. This company now scares me and I do not want to deal with them anymore.

I don't know the circumstances resulting in this post but I agree 100 percent USAA is not the same company I became a member of in 1974 with regards to customer service and integrity. They screwed our active duty and now retired son.

They tried to screw over us a few years back on a water damage claim. They did do very well on last year's hail damage claim but are again falling short on basics. By basics I mean a USAA savings associate who didn't have a clue what I was taking about when I questioned why IRS withholding was reported on my 1099, even what year I was talking about. I chalked that up to someone new to the job and let it slide.

Then I found out they mishandled adding a watch to our valuable property policy, not once but twice. Those type mishaps never occurred in the past and my observation is USAA has become too big, too greedy and gotten away from serving those who made USAA what they are today.

We are going on 2 years without being paid for our fire that has put us out of our home and we are paying the bill even though we are covered.

Still waiting almost a year later for my mom to get paid for her Non-Salvageable claim from a fire in her kitchen. She is 81 and her husband is 91 and still fighting with them. Their commercials on TV are a bunch of BS .

Well they are completely useless when it comes to government employees affected by the shutdown!