11.9K views
1.4

Ever since Stuart Parker took over as CEO of USAA, the company has turned to ***. No service, all greed.

They left me in the dust when I needed them most. This kind of stuff never happened under the direction of the last CEO. They used to be like a brother to me. Always there to help, and now they've turned into a greedy, technology-happy, corner-cutting piece of *** company.

This is especially awful due to the fact that their primary goal is supposed to be serving those who have served the country. Active duty, veterans, etc.

I'm a disabled combat veteran getting hardly anything from the VA and now I'm getting mistreated by USAA.

Product or Service Mentioned: Usaa Ceo.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

USAA Cons: Everything after ceo change.

Comments

#1812072
@William V

As a former employee I can tell you not anyone can have their products and services. There are some minor exceptions where some states force all insurance companies to "Take All Comers" if they want to operate in that state, but its not advertised nor does it give you full membership...

Just that product.. Usually auto.

Rilda
#1732004

I couldn't agree ore. I joined USAA in 1967 and it was a great organization.

However, in the last several years it has turned to one of the most frustrating companies I deal with.

I am soon to leave. Sad to see an organization that was once the leader in its field to end up as it has today.

@Rilda

I've been with USAA for 39 years. During that time I've made exactly 2 claims, both for broken windshields.

Prior to the approximately 2000 USAA's service was excellent; personal, quick, and efficient worldwide. When USAA opened its membership to just about anybody is definitely when the company went down the tubes, without any doubt whatsoever. They are closed on Sundays, have the worst website that I've ever used, their robotic telephone answering is unbearable to deal with, and their company representatives have difficulty speaking fluid, coherent, and basic english. My subscriber account is now upwards of $10,000, and after speaking with a rep I was told that you can't collect your subscriber funds unless you leave USAA (and then wait 6 months for the check) totally, which is what I intend to do.

And lastly, USAA used to be only an Officer and Senior NCO membership company. Now, it's open to entry level Enlisted personnel and their families, which has certainly raised the number of claims that they have. In addition, USAA does not insure homes in Florida anymore (since at least 2004), unless you are active duty. Just recently, USAA has been using a "Florida Affiliate" for Florida home insurance policies, and when I called I received a quote over $1300 more from the "affiliate" versus my present policy.

All a money making gimmick...

Good god, do I ever despise USAA now... Really sad to see what it's become!

@PissedConsumer1734920

You couldn't have said it better. My father was a Warrant Officer, and we were members when it was only available to officers and their families.

Now that they have opened to every Tom, *** and Harry they have become a money making organization only. Their customer service has gone down the drain, and they promote self service strategies that are geared towards screwing over their members.

Ermelinda
@PissedConsumer1744432

How disrespectful to claim that enlisted members deserve less than officers. YOU are the problem. Disgusting.

#1812076
@PissedConsumer1734920

For you people in the front. Yes USAA was initially for officers by officers.

They in fact provide services for those unruly worthless enlisted now also. BUT! IN TRUE OFFICER FASHION... USAA does not mingle your policies with those of dirty enlisted!

There's several companies WITHIN and you have your very own! Your rates are not based on the companies overall loses, just yours. The bumper on your car that was made of Detroit steel, is now made of plastic in China has 17 different sensors, you want the replacement to look exactly like your old one so a $200 part is now $1700 plus labor. And I can assure you the ensign schumachatelly is paying far less (whilst making more money) than corporal *** that has a better driving record.

How do I know this? Former employee/ prior enlisted. Yes I've had to listen to you O6s and warrants tell me how wonderful it used to be until them pesky enlisted got in.

I'm not happy with my former employer. But to see this AGAIN IS SOMETHING SPECIAL.

@Rilda

Three generations of "VETS" with USAA. What a sad day.

Hard to see a bank for active and veterans go to complete garbage. Reputation destroyed all over $. Our money! This they forget.

Another company lost in greed that will eventually go under at this pace. Bottom line always seems to cut service.

Rates go up and keep going up to cover all the loss. Sounds familiar...

Harry Rollins
Financial Expert
You may try to reach out to USAA top management team by sending a letter to the company corporate office to USAA 9800 Fredericksburg Road San Antonio, Texas 78288 United States. You may also share your experience with other USAA customers by posting comments via the company social media networks. You may check out full USAA contact information on the Contacts tab of the Pissed Consumer website.
@Harry Rollins

Been there. Done that.

No response. Phone numbers just reach folks that don't care, will not help, or are incapable of helping. Half the time "We don't have any managers here" too.

Executive resolution team just apologizes for not being able to resolve anything, which is a least something but not what you want. There is no escalation path higher.

USAA quoted me auto insurance for almost two times more of what I am paying now. It is ashame that vets and military personnel are being taken.

Shame on you USAA, don't advertise that you are on the side of vets and active duty folks. You are not!

@PissedConsumer1727157

I will stay away from this company I am glad I know not to deal with them

Harriet

I sincerely hope CEO Parker has recanted his support of the NFL players and their protests which include lack of support to the American flag and disrespect towards the American National Anthym. Otherwise he needs to be kicked out of USAA: he is bringing them nothing but disrespect.

@Harriet

USAA has screwed up over the years. I came back to the US after spending a year in Saudi Arabia.

I needed a vehicle. I had $50,000 in USAA. I asked USAA to finance my $12,000 truck. USAA said for me to come back after I had a job for 6 months.

I moved and called USAA to make sure they had the correct mailing address for my credit card. USAA mailed my credit card to my old address.

Their excuse was that my new address caused their system to default to my old address. There are many more examples of poor customer service...

@Harriet

You don't seem to have a clue as to why you served in the military--if you did. I did.

I swore allegiance to the Constitution, not to a piece of fabric. To whom or what did you swear allegiance?

@PissedConsumer1736330

Weird... The flag, like all national flags, represent the core of the nation...

in our case it is the constitution. The Red in the flag also represents blood - the shedding of blood by the few Americans that fought for all other Americans. Fabric or not, it is the literal physical representation of the constitution. So, if you swear to the flag you are swearing to the constitution AND the continuous blood shed/lives lost to keep the constitution save.

If you served you should have learned this in basic. I did.

I would not recommend this insurance company to anyone horrible horrible horrible. Their client caused over 8000 in damage to my car and they refuse to cover the damage because their client intentionally caused the damage in a road rage incident.

So basically they condone this type of behavior and crimes commented by their clients so they don't have to pay for it. Well fortunately for me I do not give up on *** like so easily. We have the national insurance commissioner involved and our team of lawyers are in the process of filing one of the biggest law suits against the company not their client. It is against the law to pick and choose what claims they feel like paying out on and it is bad insurance practice when you tell the victim you don't insure the person who commented the road rage incident.

Thank God for cell phones and technology today that allowed me to record the phone calls with this insurance company and the lies and cover ups they attempted to tell me.

And thank God for president Trump because he doesn't like what they have done and he actually is for the people. My family has suffered a tremendous amount but justice will prevail in due time and the CEO of this insurance company will be behind bars where he belongs.

Jalina
@PissedConsumer1713123

Right on. The moment I ever say OK - I'm recording this now.

Go on and tell me again what you just said? Then they just hang up, clam up, or just state it violates them somehow and put you on the looping hold thing.

You know what I mean. Just don't tell them you are recording them - that's what I found out.

@PissedConsumer1713123

This company sucks. I am insured by them and they refuse to evaluate my claim and settle for what its worth. I am moving back to Allstate.

@PissedConsumer1732918

I loved Allstate. Should have never left.

Jon F

It's funny to me that "Anonymous" can try to refute what an actual customer's experience was. Post your name Anonymous.

Who gives a shi* what clark.com says? That is not even a valid web site for what is being reported here. I have had the same experience with USAA over the last 10 years or so, during which time their customer service has gone drastically down hill. USAA used to be about their customers, but now it is ALL about profit and their executive staff getting their bonuses and pay raises.

This company is now a joke to me. Post your name Anonymous because you probably work for USAA so your input is invalid.

USAA Reviews