12.4K views
1.4

Ever since Stuart Parker took over as CEO of USAA, the company has turned to ***. No service, all greed.

They left me in the dust when I needed them most. This kind of stuff never happened under the direction of the last CEO. They used to be like a brother to me. Always there to help, and now they've turned into a greedy, technology-happy, corner-cutting piece of *** company.

This is especially awful due to the fact that their primary goal is supposed to be serving those who have served the country. Active duty, veterans, etc.

I'm a disabled combat veteran getting hardly anything from the VA and now I'm getting mistreated by USAA.

Product or Service Mentioned: Usaa Ceo.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

USAA Cons: Everything after ceo change.

Comments

#1905294
@PissedConsumer1903440

Crappiest customer service ever now. Won't send my cash back for my 15 years of cumulative rewards - making it so hard to redeem that you eventually give up.

USAA HAS RIPPED US OFF AS WELL. THEY BLOCKE US SO WE CANT TELL THERS HOW THEY DIDNT PAY THE CLAIM AND ONLY PARTIALLY PAID A LITTLE BIT.

THEY ARE BULLIES. WE HAVE HAD THEM OVER 44 YEARS AND NEVER A HOMEOWNERS CLAIM. THEY HIRED A RESTORATION COMPANY TO DO OUR WORK AND MADE THEM THE RECIPIENT OF THE CHECK INSTEAD OF SENDING IT TO US THE MEMBER. THEY DIDNT SEND A REP TO VIEW OUR DAMAGE EITHER, THEY LET THIS PAUL DAVIS FROM NIXA MO.

TO RUN THE SHOW. THEY WERE CRIMINALS AND STOLE FROM US AND LOST OTHER THINGS WE HAD AND DAMAGED THE REST. USAA WAS NEGLIGENT IN THE HANDLING AND CARE OF OUR ITEMS. THEY NOW WONT PAY UP.

RUN FOLKS, YOU DONT WANT THIS COMPANY AS YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY.

CONTACT US, WE WILL TELL YOU MORE. TIM AND TRACY BELL 817-929-****

No, just more lies about a great company. Read independent reviews to expose the lies here.

@PissedConsumer1872215

We have been USAA customers since the 1990's. Our current service is reprehensible.

Numerous, numerous phone calls, endless wait times while on hold. A deer ran in front of me in Wyoming at night. Three months have gone by while trying to resolve a problem.

If you are in a big city and can use USAA's adjuster, and car repair shops things might go well. Otherwise, prepare for a nightmare.

@PissedConsumer1872215

Boy are you a brain dead idiot...

That just how it is now, we agree. They are criminals to the highest degree.

They don't pay the claims and they jack your rates up to try and get rid of you. We need a huge class action against them to bankrupt them.

Stuart Parker has retired, so you can stop with the blame on him.

@PissedConsumer1838991

The blame goes much further than Stuart Parker! He instilled a nature in employees at USAA which sucks and continues to suck and guess how much he was actually paid to retire...over $1 Million Dollars! *** USAA!

#1967536
@PissedConsumer1838991

....and yet this company still sucks because of the policies he put in place while running the show. Take your head out of the sand.

As a former USAA member for over 35 years and a veteran of the US Army, 82nd Airborne Combat Engineer, I completely agree that USAA fell apart, lost their direction and forgot who they are supposed to be serving under Stuart Parker's leadership. After receiving a 17% salary increase last year, his annual compensation package for 2019 was over $5 million dollars.

To say that he was greedy is an understatement. Stuart Parker is truly a piece of **** with legs!!!

I wish him the worst of everything regarding his future endeavors. What a total and absolute mistake he was!!!

@PissedConsumer1835879

I wish I had read this before

everyone shut up

@PissedConsumer1813126

*** OFF! You are obviously a USAA employee and a criminal to the highest degree and are just trying to start shi*! I wish you the worst life has to offer!

After 44 year of membership I filed a dispute for a product I purchased on my debit card but NEVER received. Their dispute program sent me an e-mail requesting specific information and gave me a "way" to provide it.

Of course they sent the E-mail in the Christmas pile while I was out of state. There is NO WAY to e-mail USAA FSB. You can only e-mail the Insurance Company, the Investment Company or the webmaster. I called them, they cannot take the information over the phone.

I e-mailed the webmaster. I went to their chat line, they can't accept the info via chat. I got an e-mail from the Dispute folks based on what I sent the webmaster. They asked me to call them.

I called them, they cannot take the information over the phone. I remember when USAA was military and customer (owner) friendly, then Stuart parker became CEO.

The new guy, Peacock, has apparently never served. Bring back Joe Robles.

I am a former Army Officer and Viet Nam Vet. After over 40 years of membership, my credit card account was closed "for lack of information" on my wife.

This was after many phone calls and a letter saying they had all the information they needed and my info was up to date.

I don't use my USAA credit card much and have always paid the balance due within the time allowed. I, too, have had it with USAA.

I too am appalled at the level of fighting paying my medpay benefits has occurred from them. I will be leaving them as a customer after 30 years. They used to be wonderful and now providers too tell me they are the worst at paying claims.

seems USAA can close an account without any form of notice.. we get a letter in the mail that our daughters account is closed she is off at school....

so she had to open an account with another bank...

we will be doing the same very soon .. USAA is seriously lacking any professionalism

Agree - here is my latest experience My Daughter’s accounts were turned off with little to no notification and for not signing some federal signature card. What kind of action is this and why was there not any form of guaranteed communications with my daughter established to prevent this?

When I learned how to fly a helicopter in the army, I was taught positive transition of control. Bottom line is that this positive control ensured that the other person knew what was happening. This never occurred, emails, online account inbox’s, regular email etc are in effective and you know this. Why then I ask would USAA turn her accounts off with this type of communication?

She is left out in the cold trying to get gas and discovers this. How does USAA remedy this? I assume, she has bills that are scheduled to be paid from these accounts.

She needs her money and all I get is sorry and the money has been sent to her via mail. This is unbelievable… Thanks for the customer service – NOT!

It took me three times just to get a tow.

I have been with USAA for several years now and have never filed for a claim other than for roadside assistance for which I pay an additional premium for. I have liability insurance on two vehicles currently on my policy that are 16 and 14 years old and My wife and I are in our mid fifties.

Neither my wife nor myself have had any violations in the past 30 years and yet our premiums are $1,563.00 every 6 months. This is liability for an 06 mercury Milan and 04 Ford Explorer! I have to make monthly payments of $263.43 every month and due to my health care bills and my wife’s recent breast cancer recently which required a double mastectomy, intensive and long term Chemotherapy and reconstructive surgery We have had a pretty rough go at it and realize that we have been a few days late in making payments from time to time but we usually get our payments in on time and I also understand that my son who is a listed driver has had a couple of speeding tickets which reflects negatively in determining our premium cost, however I went to make my my payment this month on the fifteen (6) days late and via recording was told that I would be required to make an additional payment of $320.00 along with my regular monthly payment of $260.43 or my insurance would be canceled. I find this very disheartening and unfair to the people such as myself who lives on a small Army pension and my wife whom has worked in civil service for almost 15 years and only took at most, 4-5 days off each month after receiving very aggressive Chemotherapy which caused her to lose every hair on her body and for the first time in our 35 years of marriage I saw her succumb to taking a very mild pain medication.

I am thankful to our ALMIGHTY CREATOR for her having Blue Cross Blue Shield medical coverage to have paid what they did and for my ability to be able to receive private medical care because unfortunately my being a combat veteran and my many years of military service unfortunately means nothing to the Dublin, Ga. VA, I have to say, that I usually always get wonderful customer service with USAA and I do not want sympathy nor do I want charity!!!! All I want is a little more respect and a little lead way for my family and other veterans who are trying to make an honest effort to be safe, compliant with the law and regardless of past credit problems have matured and are trying to survive and support an extended family on a very tight income. I have recommended several family members and veteran friends and they are currently USAA members and Thank GOD ALMIGHTY I have been fortunate enough to not have to file a claim on my policy so a little less stress on my wife whom Does so very much when we cannot afford to pay over double our monthly payment or face cancellation seems little to ask.

I am sure Mr. CEO PARKER that as a Desert Storm veteran yourself can appreciate this. Thank you very much for your time and I pray you all have many blessed and wonderful days ahead.

As our ALMIGHTY CREATOR has blessed me and mine, I pray, so may you and yours be blessed Respectfully, Alvin L. Carey

USAA Reviews