8.8K views
1.5

Ever since Stuart Parker took over as CEO of USAA, the company has turned to ***. No service, all greed.

They left me in the dust when I needed them most. This kind of stuff never happened under the direction of the last CEO. They used to be like a brother to me. Always there to help, and now they've turned into a greedy, technology-happy, corner-cutting piece of *** company.

This is especially awful due to the fact that their primary goal is supposed to be serving those who have served the country. Active duty, veterans, etc.

I'm a disabled combat veteran getting hardly anything from the VA and now I'm getting mistreated by USAA.

Product or Service Mentioned: Usaa Ceo.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

USAA Cons: Everything after ceo change.

Comments

CarefulGreatWhiteShark

I'm going after USAA for a flood claim where they cheated us and allowed their contractors to steal our items. If any of you would like to join me in showing all the members that this is not the company it once was and now filled with criminals who take your money and when you have a claim they pay you pennies on the dollar and police themselves so they don't have to make a fair settlement contact me at 817-929-5203 Timothy Bell

It’s true USAA sucks!!

@Anonymous

USAA has lost its way, trying to drop USAA now

Totally agree. I am a current employee and all problems begin and end with Stewart Parker.

We need a new CEO who understands human connection as well as true growth strategies. There have been many changes implemented to be compliant however they have become slogans and they do not care about what happens on the front lines which is where risk actually occurs. In my department alone I have seen more than 15 people leave the company in the last 6 months including managers. They recently promoted a person to director who is actually part of the problem, if you ask almost anyone on the floor.

Sad. I had high hopes when I came to USAA.

@Anonymous

Since you work at USAA you are part of the problem. Why would you remain at a company that mistreated the members who serve the country and put their life on the line for this nation.

Boycotting the company is the answer. As soon as my policy is up I am moving to Amica for auto and home insurance. I refuse to out another inch of my time and money in this horrible company.

I am beyond pissed. #karma

@Anonymous

Relax Anon - everyone needs a job. And, if he recognizes the problem but policy doesn't afford him the ability to make changes, he will be part of the solution when the leadership understand the issue and changes.

Everybody works for something which has screwed over someone before. The problem here is not the screwing over, believe it or not, but the policies that enable the screwing.

@Anonymous

We just left USAA after 19 years!! Saw our house and car insurance increase over 300% with no claims!!

Yup!!

300% over the last ten years!! They Suck!!

EthicalSiamese469

HORRIBLE BANK.......ALL THE WAY AROUND! Run as far as you can from this place!

I completely agree. Right around the time that he came into the CEO position in 2015, USAA has become a horrible company.

They do not care about protecting military families. They tried to charge me $35 for a credit card annual fee I never even used.

Also their auto claims dept sucks. Do not bother getting full coverage protection because they do not settle for what your claim is actually worth.

WingedMagpie
@Anonymous

Wow They need to quit using military as their cover Anyone can be in USAA... stop using us for $$$

BountifulSquirrel176
#1732004

I couldn't agree ore. I joined USAA in 1967 and it was a great organization.

However, in the last several years it has turned to one of the most frustrating companies I deal with.

I am soon to leave. Sad to see an organization that was once the leader in its field to end up as it has today.

@BountifulSquirrel176

I've been with USAA for 39 years. During that time I've made exactly 2 claims, both for broken windshields.

Prior to the approximately 2000 USAA's service was excellent; personal, quick, and efficient worldwide. When USAA opened its membership to just about anybody is definitely when the company went down the tubes, without any doubt whatsoever. They are closed on Sundays, have the worst website that I've ever used, their robotic telephone answering is unbearable to deal with, and their company representatives have difficulty speaking fluid, coherent, and basic english. My subscriber account is now upwards of $10,000, and after speaking with a rep I was told that you can't collect your subscriber funds unless you leave USAA (and then wait 6 months for the check) totally, which is what I intend to do.

And lastly, USAA used to be only an Officer and Senior NCO membership company. Now, it's open to entry level Enlisted personnel and their families, which has certainly raised the number of claims that they have. In addition, USAA does not insure homes in Florida anymore (since at least 2004), unless you are active duty. Just recently, USAA has been using a "Florida Affiliate" for Florida home insurance policies, and when I called I received a quote over $1300 more from the "affiliate" versus my present policy.

All a money making gimmick...

Good god, do I ever despise USAA now... Really sad to see what it's become!

@Anonymous

You couldn't have said it better. My father was a Warrant Officer, and we were members when it was only available to officers and their families.

Now that they have opened to every Tom, *** and Harry they have become a money making organization only. Their customer service has gone down the drain, and they promote self service strategies that are geared towards screwing over their members.

SatisfyingBalinese489
@Anonymous

How disrespectful to claim that enlisted members deserve less than officers. YOU are the problem. Disgusting.

@BountifulSquirrel176

Three generations of "VETS" with USAA. What a sad day.

Hard to see a bank for active and veterans go to complete garbage. Reputation destroyed all over $. Our money! This they forget.

Another company lost in greed that will eventually go under at this pace. Bottom line always seems to cut service.

Rates go up and keep going up to cover all the loss. Sounds familiar...

Harry Rollins
Financial Expert
You may try to reach out to USAA top management team by sending a letter to the company corporate office to USAA 9800 Fredericksburg Road San Antonio, Texas 78288 United States. You may also share your experience with other USAA customers by posting comments via the company social media networks. You may check out full USAA contact information on the Contacts tab of the Pissed Consumer website.
@Harry Rollins

Been there. Done that.

No response. Phone numbers just reach folks that don't care, will not help, or are incapable of helping. Half the time "We don't have any managers here" too.

Executive resolution team just apologizes for not being able to resolve anything, which is a least something but not what you want. There is no escalation path higher.

USAA quoted me auto insurance for almost two times more of what I am paying now. It is ashame that vets and military personnel are being taken.

Shame on you USAA, don't advertise that you are on the side of vets and active duty folks. You are not!

@Anonymous

I will stay away from this company I am glad I know not to deal with them

EnchantedNorwegianForest476

I sincerely hope CEO Parker has recanted his support of the NFL players and their protests which include lack of support to the American flag and disrespect towards the American National Anthym. Otherwise he needs to be kicked out of USAA: he is bringing them nothing but disrespect.