USAA Sucks because of CEO Stuart Parker

156 of 807 USAA reviews

Ever since Stuart Parker took over as CEO of USAA, the company has turned to ***.No service, all greed.

They left me in the dust when I needed them most. This kind of stuff never happened under the direction of the last CEO. They used to be like a brother to me. Always there to help, and now they've turned into a greedy, technology-happy, corner-cutting piece of *** company.

This is especially awful due to the fact that their primary goal is supposed to be serving those who have served the country. Active duty, veterans, etc.

I'm a disabled combat veteran getting hardly anything from the VA and now I'm getting mistreated by USAA.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • Everything prior to ceo change
  • What I disliked
    • Everything after ceo change

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Bad Customer Service
Review category
Loans and Mortgages
review #827911

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with USAA? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 3 No 3
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
156 of 807 USAA reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 26 #1232294 Morristown, New Jersey, United States

nsurance - Claims - Auto & Property - Inquire about an existing claim
Subject Total lack of support from USAA
Message
I have been a USAA customer for more than 23 years. In that time I have paid more than 100,000 in insurance for everything from Boat to car, renters insurance, and home insurance. I have never had a large issue where I needed anything more than a tow for my vehicle or a broken window for my automobile. 4 weeks ago I had a water heater explode in my home. At first I thought the damage was not that bad and due to my large deductible (that USAA recommended for me) that the damage was not that bad. After 5 days of attempts to dry carpet and get repairs done it became apparent that there was significant damage to carpet, wood floor, and drywall. I contacted USS for assistance and they sent a water restoration team to my home to help. The team did a great job they did in fact confirm the damage to the carpet, drywall, and wood flooring. They went as far as to remove the damage carpet, and wood flooring leaving me with a concrete slab. We also went ahead and hired a contractor to assist with the drywall repair. After the water damage was stopped the mitigation team picked up their equipment and left, telling me we would hear from USAA on the remaining repairs necessary. I heard from USAA via a e-mail not even a phone call that the claim was complete. I had to call USAA and wait on the line for more than a hour (I know Hurricane Matthew had lines backed
... Show more

0 0 Reply

Oct 19 #1229161 Corpus Christi, Texas, United States

You are so right. I have been with USAA for almost 60 years and they will not pay me my ALE I am out thousands of dollars and my house is without plumbing. I am 85 years old and the woman that is taking care of my claim is so mean and rude.

0 0 Reply

Jul 15 #1185376 Savannah, Georgia, United States

I had called to make a payment and the answering machine said I owe nothing at this time. So knowing I did, I called the company and the gentleman told me since they were switching from Mastercard to Visa, to hold off on payment until my new bill comes in. Shortly after receiving my bill, I starting getting calls saying my account is past due and a $25 late fee. I tried to explain what happened and they would not hear of it. We would never say that. I have been a member for 37 years and this is absurd. They are now calling me every day and refuse, I said refuse, to listen. It is all about them and not about their customers. They are getting awful.

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.