USAA sucks!

264 of 807 USAA reviews

Update added by user Apr 03

It took several months but finally settled with USAA.I got tired of all the calls from the hospital and Doctors trying to collect from me so I settled.

I got just enough to pay the Doctors and hospital bills and repaired my truck myself. I was able to get the frame straightened and purchase new parts for my truck, doing the labor myself. Not enough money to repair all the damage or repaint it to match, but it all works again and it is my work truck.

If you are in an accident remember to get several estimates and don't just go with the place they want to send you.

As for injuries, Go to Doctors and be sure to get plenty of visits in. The more you go the more proof you have of your injuries. Don't just suck it up and deal with the pain.

Plan on it taking awhile to settle.They will not pay any hospital or doctors until you agree its all over and you are done with any treatments you may need.

Good Luck.

Original review posted by user Oct 03, 2015

It's been almost two months since I was rear ended by a USAA member.He said he had been having problems with his brakes.

I guess so considering he totaled his car on my rear bumper while I was sitting in traffic at a light just minding my own business. USAA said they would accept responsibility and pay for everything. So far I have only received enough to have half the repairs done on my truck. No hospital or doctor bills have been paid.

Some have went to collections so I guess I have to pay them to keep it off my credit report. I can't go to a doctor about the pain still in my shoulder as I can't afford to keep paying out of my pocket. It's almost impossible to contact USAA by phone.

They give my the wrong fax numbers and email addresses.It's funny how you can't drive without insurance but the insurance companies don't seem to have to do anything after an accident.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Customer service and lack of honesty

Reason of review:
Usaa Auto Insurance Claim
Review category
Insurance
review #710086 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with USAA? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
264 of 807 USAA reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 16, 2015 #1049437

Am experiencing the same issues - I was hit by a drunk driver and never contacted by USAA - I had to wait for the police report to become available to obtain the information - Ultimately, they told me they were "investigating" to determine whether they'd be providing coverage as their insured's vehicle was being driven by another member of the household that is not listed on the policy. Okay....almost 3 weeks later I decided to repair through my own insurance as I need my vehicle for work purposes. The day after they miraculously decided they will pay but now that I've authorized my insurance company they can't do anything until my company subrogrates. I have back and neck pain, can barely get out of a chair in the evenings and can't get anywhere with them. It has put me in an extreme financial bind. We are not a No Fault State so why aren't they handling their business?

0 0 Reply

Oct 08, 2015 #1044985

You should get a personal injury attorney and sue USAA!

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to USAA. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about USAA.
Filing a new complaint about
×