Update added by user Apr 03, 2016
It took several months but finally settled with USAA.I got tired of all the calls from the hospital and Doctors trying to collect from me so I settled.
I got just enough to pay the Doctors and hospital bills and repaired my truck myself. I was able to get the frame straightened and purchase new parts for my truck, doing the labor myself. Not enough money to repair all the damage or repaint it to match, but it all works again and it is my work truck.
If you are in an accident remember to get several estimates and don't just go with the place they want to send you.
As for injuries, Go to Doctors and be sure to get plenty of visits in. The more you go the more proof you have of your injuries. Don't just suck it up and deal with the pain.
Plan on it taking awhile to settle.They will not pay any hospital or doctors until you agree its all over and you are done with any treatments you may need.
Original review posted by user Oct 03, 2015
It's been almost two months since I was rear ended by a USAA member.He said he had been having problems with his brakes.
I guess so considering he totaled his car on my rear bumper while I was sitting in traffic at a light just minding my own business. USAA said they would accept responsibility and pay for everything. So far I have only received enough to have half the repairs done on my truck. No hospital or doctor bills have been paid.
Some have went to collections so I guess I have to pay them to keep it off my credit report. I can't go to a doctor about the pain still in my shoulder as I can't afford to keep paying out of my pocket. It's almost impossible to contact USAA by phone.
They give my the wrong fax numbers and email addresses.It's funny how you can't drive without insurance but the insurance companies don't seem to have to do anything after an accident.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service and lack of honesty
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Usaa Auto Insurance Claim
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Nationwide Mutual Ins. Co.Allied InsuranceNationwide AgribusinessTitan InsuranceVictoria InsuranceTo anyone with Nationwide Insurance:Beware when filing a claim with Nationwide or affiliates listed above. They use a computer based program to evaluate..."
- "Last September 12th driving on the highway i-35 SB when an unidentified object hit my windshield while going 70 mph. I was going from Austin to San Antonio and had..."
- "I was targeted I feel by scammers. Feel I was manipulated into a situation. Shortly after severing half a finger off. Had to use force to defend myself..."
- "A caution to anyone shipping UPS. When you take your packages to a UPS store be sure to stand there and read EVERY LINE of the paper they give you...."
- "Hidious! I placed an order for my item to arrive before Christmas. Paid for priorty shipping. Was unaware this company is based in China. My order just arrived one week..."
- "I had a exam in March 2016 took 1 hour took script to be filled at another place turns out wrong script had headaches so went to dr pt and..."
- "I was in place to shoot with Hasan I text him to confirm timing and if we could make the shoot happen. I was told it will be a 900$..."
- "My uncle recieved a check in the mail and asked if i could take him to get information and how he could cash it and what not. The clerk there..."
- "Think carefully prior to spending your money online with this company. The dress I ordered online appeared to be a beautiful emerald green, yet the dress I received was..."