Resolved

Update by user Apr 03, 2016

It took several months but finally settled with USAA.I got tired of all the calls from the hospital and Doctors trying to collect from me so I settled.

I got just enough to pay the Doctors and hospital bills and repaired my truck myself. I was able to get the frame straightened and purchase new parts for my truck, doing the labor myself. Not enough money to repair all the damage or repaint it to match, but it all works again and it is my work truck.

If you are in an accident remember to get several estimates and don't just go with the place they want to send you.

As for injuries, Go to Doctors and be sure to get plenty of visits in. The more you go the more proof you have of your injuries. Don't just suck it up and deal with the pain.

Plan on it taking awhile to settle.They will not pay any hospital or doctors until you agree its all over and you are done with any treatments you may need.

Good Luck.

Original review posted by user Oct 03, 2015

It's been almost two months since I was rear ended by a USAA member.He said he had been having problems with his brakes.

I guess so considering he totaled his car on my rear bumper while I was sitting in traffic at a light just minding my own business. USAA said they would accept responsibility and pay for everything. So far I have only received enough to have half the repairs done on my truck. No hospital or doctor bills have been paid.

Some have went to collections so I guess I have to pay them to keep it off my credit report. I can't go to a doctor about the pain still in my shoulder as I can't afford to keep paying out of my pocket. It's almost impossible to contact USAA by phone.

They give my the wrong fax numbers and email addresses.It's funny how you can't drive without insurance but the insurance companies don't seem to have to do anything after an accident.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $7500. erhardtm is overall dissatisfied with Usaa and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about usaa auto insurance claim at Usaa was lack of honesty Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Usaa.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Loans and Mortgages category for more informed decision or compare Usaa to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Usaa?

Comments

Shrewsbury, Pennsylvania, United States #1352989

this is almost same thing happened to me, rear ended and by another vet, we both got USAA.Anyway I am taking the person who hit me to small claims court, seeking 7,000 just like this guy, and I was rear ended by a van who hit my truck and bent my frame.

USAA tries to low ball you with figures that comes up several or 1000 dollars off the fair market value...

they use the words "cash value" like cash is cheap or something.

These people are horrid , those adjusters.and they are all pretenders and fakes.

Am experiencing the same issues - I was hit by a drunk driver and never contacted by USAA - I had to wait for the police report to become available to obtain the information - Ultimately, they told me they were "investigating" to determine whether they'd be providing coverage as their insured's vehicle was being driven by another member of the household that is not listed on the policy.Okay....almost 3 weeks later I decided to repair through my own insurance as I need my vehicle for work purposes.

The day after they miraculously decided they will pay but now that I've authorized my insurance company they can't do anything until my company subrogrates. I have back and neck pain, can barely get out of a chair in the evenings and can't get anywhere with them. It has put me in an extreme financial bind.

We are not a No Fault State so why aren't they handling their business?

You should get a personal injury attorney and sue USAA!