I am a retired military veteran and a USAA member for more than 10 years. On April 27th, I got a text message from USAA that my credit card limit had been increased. Later that day, my wife tried to use the card, but it declined. I called the bank to find out why and they said "What credit card? We don't show one on file." I assumed it was a bank error that would be fixed. Well, it was never fixed and actually got worse.

Not only did they suddenly and improperly close my account, they were in the process of closing my wife, brother, and mother's accounts because they are linked to me. I demanded to know why, but no one had the answer. One guy from the credit card department said it looked like someone in the security department made a mistake and would be reprimanded. A few days later, I got a call from a corporate drone that said she represents the executive board and they made a "business decision" to close my account. She also said they are not going to tell me why because they don't have to and they have no record of the conversation I had with the credit card guy. Funny how that works.

I did what any reasonable person would do and complained about all of this on social media. I have lots of friends and family that are members, so I was hoping they would read my story and be aware of the situation. This really could happen to anyone at anytime, so please be prepared and have a plan. It was pretty damn scary how fast USAA was able to derail my life after they turned their backs on us. I had loans, credit card, IRA, savings, checking, insurance, brokerage, everything.

I made the website USAAstinks.com for the same reason I complained on social media. I want to warn people about USAA and David Fersdahl. I tried to register USAAsucks.com, but they already own it. That makes sense because look how many times they have been sued. Hundreds, maybe thousands of people have been burned by USAA. Do not trust this bank. They prey on the military like vultures until we are bone dry. If you are one of these people, please consider filing a complaint. We need to prevent this from happening to anyone else.

USAAstinks.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Usaa Account.

Comments

We’re going through similar. Accounts linked are now all frozen due to fraud and they’re wanting to hold us liable because they used our logon info and got onto our account. Deposited 2 fraud checks which USAA made most of funds immediately available, so they got the banks money, our money and they say we owe them for the money they released to the crooks.

No doubt there is a lot more to this story that we do not know.

USAA Reviews