July 15, 2018..Follow Up

I am making a formal complaint about a claim I have with USAA Auto Insurance Company.

Background

On May 23, 2018 , my car (2008 Ford Mustang), was struck in Jacksonville, FL.

The driver of the other vehicle was charged with running a red light and was insured by USAA. No charges were made against me.

USAA was notified by both parties on that day and USAA reported to that they would handle the claim and issued a claim number.

Since that phone call, I tried contacting USAA several times and left several messages, and they did not returned my calls. Neither did they send a claim adjuster to review the damages nor make an offer to repair the damages.

After reporting USAA to the Better Business Bureau on June 24, I received an email from the Office of the CEO at USAA (on the evening of June 26) requesting my USAA claim number. That information was emailed on the morning of June 27. Since that time, I have been contacted by several people at USAA (by voice messenger). I returned their calls shortly after I receiving them, but none of my voices messages were returned to discuss my claim. On July 6, I was requested to resend the estimated cost of repairs and photographs of the damages, which on did on July 6.

Seven weeks after the accident, my repairs were completed on July 12, and I paid the repair shop (which is on USAA’s approved list of approved repair shops) $9,259. On July 13, USAA’s Total Lost and Salvage Claims Division notified me that the value of my car was worth only $5,639 and they would be willing to pay that amount if I gave them title of the Mustang.

In Summary

It took USAA over 7 weeks to notify me what portion of the damages they were willing to pay. I waited nearly 3 weeks before I started the repair work, and the Mustang was in the garage for nearly 5 weeks for repairs. After over 7 weeks since the accident, USAA finally prepared an estimate, as to what they were willing to pay for the collision. During that 50 day period, USAA neither made an offer for a car rental nor to offer compensation for the inconvenience of not having the use of a car for 50 days. Recommendation

USAA should not be allowed to sell insurance in the state of Florida.

Thomas F. Riley

(I am a veteran)

Product or Service Mentioned: Usaa Auto Claim.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

So you had your vehicle repaired before they approved any repairs and now you’re mad they aren’t going to do what you want? In your mind whatever you want should be covered?

Because you never asked what would happen and ASSumed that if you whined and moaned enough they’d pay anything you wanted. Sorry pal.

Next time file with your own company. The other party’s insurance only owes you a check when their investigation is complete, not when you feel like it.