USAA scamming peopel with "teaser" rates that no one every qualifies for.

Currently their website states 1.9-2.9% on used car loans.I went to get a loan and they refused to offer me that rate.

They instead only offered 9.45% and made up excusses that the computer system says that is all I qualify for. I have a 744 credit score. WTF? I had the same issue with credit card from them.

I am going to look to swtich to a new bank asap.

I even called and spoke with them and it got me no where.They were polite yes but honestly do not care about you at all.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
12 year member

Oct 13, 2013 #728546 Maryville, Tennessee

USAA is a great company! They have guidelines and parameters for loans/lending like any financial institution. Lots of people qualify for the lowest rates, good credit and great credit doesn't mean excellent though. The credit score isn't the only thing a bank looks at; it's the over all credit profile for the past several years, so pay history, debt to income ratio, and revolving credit usage all need to be in line and support the amount you ask for. The year of the collateral, amount you borrow, and term are the other things that are considered when determining what rate you qualify for.

2 0 Reply

Oct 09, 2013 #727349

I agree. Your credit score is your problem With that score you will not find the lowest rate from any bank. Good luck!

0 0 Reply

Sep 28, 2013 #722853

As low as means that it's the lowest rate that the company offers.

"Used car loan rates as low as 1.99% with discount for 36 months or 2.25% with discount for 60 months."

Translation: The cheapest rate we offer for used car loans is 1.99% for 36 months or 2.25% for 60 months. That is the lowest possible rate they offer. That doesn't mean it is the only rate they offer. It doesn't work that way.

You have to qualify for it.

1 0 Reply

Sep 23, 2013 #720677

Actually, if you read the advertisement that you copied from the website, it says this:

I see nothing about "1.9-2.9%" on used car loans.

It says AS LOW AS. Meaning that's the lowest your rate could be depending on your credit history.

It's not USAA's fault you can't read.

1 0 Reply

Sep 19, 2013 #719086

My last vehicle loan with USAA was at 1.5% I also recently got their lowest advertised mortgage rate. A 744 credit score is not "excellent". Mine is 815 and that is still not the best. Sounds like you (your credit rating, credit history, income, income to debt ratio ???) is the problem not USAA.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.