2.6
Interest Rate

Until they fix this "internal" policy, DO NOT BANK WITH USAA!

Due to illness and a run of bad luck, my three loans and one credit card with USAA went significantly past due. As soon as possible I started working extra jobs totaling 60-80 hours per week to make extra payments to catch back up. I was making daily payments totaling well above the minimums and the balances started coming down.

A few weeks later USAA exercised their "Right to Offset" (RTO) and emptied my checking account to pay the remaining past due balance. The money they took (over $2000) was meant to pay for my wife's Immigration Fees. Without this money my wife could face deportation.

YES, THEY STOLE MY WIFES IMMIGRATION FUND TO APPLY TO THE BALANCE OF A LOAN I WAS ALREADY REPAYING!

Fortunately when I called them, they were able to reverse the RTO and we were able to pay USCIS for my wife's immigration.

I thought this was resolved and continued payments. In the next month, I was able to bring one of the four accounts current, and reduce my total past due by over 25%.

Today, they offset my ex-wife's checking account. They refused to honor our divorce papers which make the debt my sole responsibility. She's moving in a week THEY TOOK HER RENT AND DOWN PAYMENT!

This time when I called in, they REFUSED to reverse the RTO, stating that the internal policy had changed.

USAA will knowingly drive people to deportation and homelessness, just to collect a past-due account a few week faster.

Product or Service Mentioned: Usaa Loan.

Reason of review: Policies and Practices.

Preferred solution: Reverse Right To Offset. Fix policy. Wipe past-due fees as apology..

I didn't like: Almost having my immigrant wife deported, Unwilling to apologize and make things right, Very poor business practices, Having my money stolen by the bank, Abuse of right to offset.

• Usaa Service Decline
  • Right To Offset
  • Bank Locally
  • Bank Crimes

Comments

Any bank that dips into your personal funds is not worth having. The trust is gone.

Go elsewhere.

I have been approached by a major network as an older woman with USAA for 35 years to talk about things they have done. Can we talk?

#1481985

Fail to pay bills, expect collection activities. Duh!