I have been a member of USAA for 57 years.18 years as an adolescent and 39 years as an Army Officer.

In all that time I have never missed a payment and total claims less than 10K over the same time frame. I called to stop their auto payment withdraw while I switched banks. I was 20 days late getting USAA setup for payment with my new bank and they canceled my insurance. I paid the amount they said was not collected and asked them to get the my insurance reinstated.

They were more than happy to reinstate my insurance but with a $125 per month increase. After 6 phone calls over 5 days and 3 hours of conversation USAA stated my 39 year pay history and time dedicated to their company is no longer a consideration when quoting their insurance premiums and their premium hike is within the limits my state of residence allows. I contacted GEICO and was given a rate better than I had with USAA with identical coverage. As far as my family of 9 and I are concerned USAA is no longer a service member provider.

They have become just another commercial insurance vulture without any consideration of their own historical demographic or the men and women of our armed forces who earned the right to have USAA coverage as Officers. I used to feel privileged to have USAA as a service member to provide something good for my family and worked hard to protect any asset they insured to maintain the relationship. They need to drop the name United Services Automobile Association because its no longer their core agenda.

Anyone insured with USAA or considering coverage should call GEICO before you waste years of payments as a dedicated customer only to find out your military service, prior payment history, or the amount of family members you insure has absolutely no value to this company.I wasted 57 years on them.

Review about: Car Insurance.

I liked: When they honored military clients.

I didn't like: Have become just another insurance vulture.

2.2
Interest Rate
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Usaa Auto Insurance
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Stop hiding behind the name USAA as service members have no value to you

Had an Experience with USAA?

Submit review

Comments

Gainesville, Florida, United States #1315671

My father had a similar issue being a customer and military vet after 40 years with them.I recently had to file my first claim after 21 years with them and they have found EVERY way possible to deny it.

We are at a total loss of a vehicle and no one returns your phone calls. I have had the most disgraceful, rude reps I am disgusted and have switched all policies as well to Geico!

Way to go with better coverage and lower premiums and excellent customer service.USAA has been a total waste of money!!!

offconsumerpissed

Silly company!I've never understood why companies would cut people off for not paying their bills!

If you are really an officer, surely you make enough money to pay your bills on time.Or are you one of those overweight goofs that loved to waste all the soldiers' times and give endless briefs, but were really a trainwreck yourself?

Condor060

Obviously you are incompetent or just a troll. 20 days late 1 time in 57 years. ***