1.4
Additional Fees
Interest Rate
Privacy and Data Security

After several internal escalations with USAA, I was basically told by a director that the Loan Officers Associate can say/commit anything they want. The "Lock-in Agreement" has no meaning, other than you can't request new rate checks until after it expires.

I had a lock-in agreement.

After the appraisal of my home, they increased the interest rate with no verbal communication. They just updated the documents and sent through Docu-sign. They then dragged the application process out, going 10 days with no communication multiple times. This is a process to then charge a $600 extention fee.

This extention fee was sort of a blessing, as once they sent that info in an email (nothing verbal), it lead me to review all the information. That is when the interest rate change was discovered.

My options now are to pay the fee to extend the refinance application or walk away.

USAA has been my primary bank since joining the Air Force. I will be moving my banking away and will never do business with this company again.

Not to go into more details, I also had issues with car insurance through USAA, where they gradually increased my rates and acknowledged they are going to continue.

My first home morgage was through USAA and they sold my mortgage off to another bank. The recent refinancing on the phone was to good to be true and again, usaa demonstrated they can not be trusted and are a private scam originzation.

Product or Service Mentioned: Usaa Mortgage Refinance.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments