Ventura, California
1.9
Additional Fees
Interest Rate
Privacy and Data Security

Would like to make all USAA auto policy holders aware that your policy DOES NOT provide full coverage when renting a car!!! I have been told by USAA representatives that I could

decline rental car company's offered coverage.

I have followed this and was recently in an accident. I got hit with a surprise charge by Budget of $1,314! In discussing this with the USAA case manager was told that he had not seen anything like that in 24 years and it must be a mistake. Contacted Budget and it was not a mistake: the charge was for usage loss of the damaged vehicle.

I asked case manager if USAA was going to notify policyholders of this and he said no, they would watch the frequency and trends and perhaps talk to their rental car partners about it.

Also said that the charge was my responsibility and they would not help to try and resolve. USAA cares about profit and the military facade is just that...they use our active military and veterans for commercials.

VEHICLE CLAIM 1701367-014

Product or Service Mentioned: Usaa Auto Claim.

USAA Pros: People that were there 4 years ago.

USAA Cons: Customer service representative.

Comments

TellingChinstrapPenguin232

Had that issue too. They wouldn't even let me pay more a month to have REAL coverage.

Used to be it just covered the cost.

now it covers a maximum of $20 a day? What's this insurance for anyway?