I have been with USAA since the 1990's.I was always so happy to have membership with them.

In the last couple years I just seem to have nightmares with them. Someone hacked my savings account and took out major bucks with an ATM card. Even got the daily ATM limit increased! USAA sent this person a debit card for my savings account which I would never request!

USAA then sent this Florida crook a replacement credit card and sent a message to my tablet rather than phone about this so I didn't see it. Someone had requested a replacement card - which I had not. They have been compromised on the banking side and now if I call I have to go through hoops to be "verified" which they clearly did not do with the crook requesting an ATM and credit card to be sent to an address in Florida where I did not live (I lived in NV at the time). And after the first incident taking care of restoring the stolen funds and closing the account and putting extra security (on me) they allowed this person (I am assuming same) to do bad stuff again.

That was it. Moved all of my money out of their bank system. So I cannot recommend their banking. Insurance I will certainly start to shop around from comments I have seen on that.

So sad.Used to be a great company.

Comments

No, they do have some crooks. On one occasion the representative I spoke with asked a lot of security questions, but when he came to my account password and security questions I hung up.

Sounds like a bogus report to me.