Laguna Beach, California

I have been a USAA member most of my life. I recently tried to purchase a vehicle, and was told I'd save $2k if I used my USAA discount.

I flew to another state, as that's where the car I wanted was, to buy the car. I got there, only to find out that USAA locked me out of my account and won't do anything about it. They said it's because I had a bankruptcy back in 2010. I believe that's why there are bankruptcy laws, I did nothing illegal.

They're penalizing me for something that happened 6 years ago! I wasn't even asking THEM to give me ANY money. I was paying CASH for the vehicle. I wanted to use my discount that I'm entitled to as a MEMBER of their organization.

What a ***-poor way to treat veterans, and active duty members. This organization used to be good, now they just care about money and no customer service AT ALL.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM! PULL ALL YOUR MONEY OUT AND GO WITH A DECENT COMPANY!

Product or Service Mentioned: Usaa Banking Service.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Comments

Laguna Beach, I cannot get into my account for the past 8 years. You know why?

Because more than 20 years ago, I got divorced. Part of the divorce settlement was that my ex was supposed to pay off the credit card (a couple of grand). She didn't, and 8 years ago, she filed bankruptcy.

So then *I* got locked out of my account. Mind you, this is all for a debt that occurred back in the early 1990s.