Interest Rate

I recieved a fraudulent check that I did not know at the time prior to deposit that it was a fraud. After the deposit and the check was found as a fake they locked my account and my funds from me even though I have money other than the check that was deposited.

I've called time and time again in attempts to reach a rep that would help me unlock my funds but they said they have to wait on their fraud team to release the funds to me.

I'm being penalized for something I'm a victim of. By the way I didn't spend any money i didn't have.

Product or Service Mentioned: Usaa Check Deposit.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

I am in a similar situation. I received two $600 money orders from my tenant for rent.

I deposited them and a few days later they deemed them fraudulent MOs. Did not tell me and my auto pays were all declined because my account was frozen. These were not fraudulent either... I even did all of their work for them, gave them the Sun Trust bank branch they were purchased from, I went to the bank myself in person with the MOs and they checked them and they are legit, and even showed me in their system they were good to go with no note of anything fraudulent.

They stated I deposited fraudulent MOs and froze my account and also shut down my online banking profile.

I have been given the run around all week, no call backs as promised going on 4 days, and they also charged me a $20 returned payment fee for THEIR car insurance!!! WTF!!

Difficult to believe in this modern world that a surprise check did not make you think "fraud." If you had taken this check to a monster mega bank to deposit in person, you would have been arrested and taken to jail.