Featured Not resolved
3.3
Interest Rate

May 21, 2016 3:30 am I woke up to see my neighbors house on fire.My husband and I ran out our house to alert the neighbors.

They did make it out ok. This fire was hot, it caused damage to our property and my husband's 1949 GMC truck. We have USAA for our home and 4 vehicles. My neighbor also has USAA policy.

USAA used our homeowners policy for our property damage with a $500 deductible. I was told by several employees at USAA since our '49 GMC only has liability and no negligence was found on behalf of the neighbors house fire, USAA will NOT cover our damage. Attached is a pucture of the neighbors carport one month before fire. They are hoaders.

If they didn't have all the stuff to fuel the fire, we would have had time to move our truck. Can someone help?

I really don't understand, the fire was from the neighbors property.

email me wolfordpa@yahoo.com

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problems with payment of usaa auto claim. Usaa needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned usaa auto claim in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Usaa.

Had an Experience with Usaa?

Comments

Coon Rapids, Minnesota, United States #1209181

If you don't have physical damage coverage on your truck, then you are out of luck. The only reason to carry liability only is if you don't care about the value of a vehicle.

LadyScot
Naples, Florida, United States #1208533

Your only recourse is to sue your neighbor.

#1207684

I've seen this sort of case before.What matters is how the fire started, not what fueled the fire.

If it was accidentally, they are not negligent and do not owe for the damage.

Insurance companies are in the business of paying claims. Companies like USAA pay tens of thousands of claims, per DAY. They know exactly what they are responsible for and not responsible for.

If they found negligence, they would have covered your loss.

If you were worried about losing or damaging your vehicle, you would have carried better coverage.

Clearly, it wasn't important to you before the fire.I have trouble believing you aren't just trying to get something for nothing.

Moscow, Idaho, United States #1207582

Sue the neighbors in small claims court and see what the judge says. I have a feeling it will go well for you.