Usaa Auto Claim Review from Hinesville, Georgia

May 21, 2016 3:30 am I woke up to see my neighbors house on fire.My husband and I ran out our house to alert the neighbors.

They did make it out ok. This fire was hot, it caused damage to our property and my husband's 1949 GMC truck. We have USAA for our home and 4 vehicles. My neighbor also has USAA policy.

USAA used our homeowners policy for our property damage with a $500 deductible. I was told by several employees at USAA since our '49 GMC only has liability and no negligence was found on behalf of the neighbors house fire, USAA will NOT cover our damage. Attached is a pucture of the neighbors carport one month before fire. They are hoaders.

If they didn't have all the stuff to fuel the fire, we would have had time to move our truck. Can someone help?

I really don't understand, the fire was from the neighbors property.

email me

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Usaa Auto Claim
Review category
Loans and Mortgages
review #909539

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with USAA? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 07 #1209181 Coon Rapids, Minnesota

If you don't have physical damage coverage on your truck, then you are out of luck. The only reason to carry liability only is if you don't care about the value of a vehicle.

1 0 Reply

Sep 03 #1207684

I've seen this sort of case before. What matters is how the fire started, not what fueled the fire. If it was accidentally, they are not negligent and do not owe for the damage.
Insurance companies are in the business of paying claims. Companies like USAA pay tens of thousands of claims, per DAY. They know exactly what they are responsible for and not responsible for. If they found negligence, they would have covered your loss.
If you were worried about losing or damaging your vehicle, you would have carried better coverage. Clearly, it wasn't important to you before the fire. I have trouble believing you aren't just trying to get something for nothing.

6 0 Reply

Sep 03 #1207582 Moscow, Idaho

Sue the neighbors in small claims court and see what the judge says. I have a feeling it will go well for you.

1 3 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to USAA. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about USAA.
Filing a new complaint about