128 views
Verified Reviewer

Update by user Feb 27

It's almost one month since my deposits have been held by USAA.They have not contacted me and my account remains in the "Credit Only" status (I can deposit, but not withdraw or transfer).

Update by user Jan 28

Unable to pay rent in 3 months. We have been referred to as squatters now.

We have no legal right to be here. What do we tell our 6 yr old granddaughter who lives with us full time? The situation is causing stress beyond belief. I fear for my husband's health.

I know our welfare is none of your concern, but for the sake of our family, wouldn't it be to the benefit of everyone concerned for the bank to lend a sympathetic ear and offer a compromise? As it is right now YOU win we LOOSE - food, shelter, medications, etc.

Original review posted by user Jan 28

USAA right to offset is going too far. Without going into too much detail, they took 3 consecutive SSI checks from our accounts without as much as a notice.

They were not willing to take into consideration the fact that our SSI is our only source of income and with the absence of one check, it caused a domino effect of missed medications - resulting in hospitalization, eviction notices, utility disconnection just to name a few.

This is a bank that is supposed to help service members and their families - my husband is a disabled veteran and me a diabetic on insulin. How are we supposedSad to survive now going on three months with no income?

Reason of review: Withholding SSDI checks consecutively after being told is was the ONLY source of income..

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

USAA Pros: Usaa used to make me feel like they cared.

USAA Cons: Policy is policy take it or leave it attitude.

Comments

No doubt, the back story here is that the account has been in overdraft for months. Tell us more.

Ruby B
#1819056
@PissedConsumer1818086

The back story here is I was a signer on a joint account. From the onset of the overdraft, every deposit was taken to cover it.

Guess it wasn't paid off quickly enough so, by the third deposit, they turned to my personal accounts and took everything from there too without informing me.

I am the only signer on those accounts but all of my money went towards the joint overdraft all in a period of 3 months. They took money from a total of 5 accounts - only one was a joint account.

USAA Reviews