Rahway, New Jersey

I was rear ended after changing lanes. The other company was very aggressive from the day of the accident which was a Saturday.

Did not speak to an assigned USAA adjuster until 4 days later and that was after calling them. USAA had my brother who is not even on the same policy as being the driver.

Rear end accidents are almost always the fault of the rear driver. There are exceptions. USAA found me to be 100% at fault even though I was the car in front.

There are 5 states with contributory negligence laws including my state. The law basically says that if the plaintiff (driver behind me) was more than 1% at fault they cannot get damages for injuries. Even though the other driver was doing at least the speed limit when he hit me he was speeding and/or not paying attention. Additionally one cannot change lanes (me) from being stopped in a second or two.

But USAA believed the other driver and did not put up at fight at all. I asked for a manager review and got no response.

The adjuster changed her story in writing after I challenged her decision. Only after I left a message on the USAA site did I get a call from a manager 2 days later that stated he reviewed the claim and the adjuster got it right.

USAA needs to stop spending so much on tv commercials and spend more on training and customer service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Usaa Auto Claim.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

• Usaa Auto Insurance Claim
  • Auto Accidents

Comments

#1632083

There are acceptions maybe a story you’re not telling? Either way invest in a dash cam and a rear one. Problem will be solved.

OutrageousElk528
@Anonymous

Yes I forgot a few details. The other driver has a commercial driver's license.

He was driving his personal car. I later confirmed that his insurance lapsed about 2 months before the accident.