Verified Reviewer

2.7

I have been with USAA for over 41 years. They were always the best for insurance and banking needs.

Now they are a more worried about growing their profits than caring for service members that pay them for support and services. I lost my wife four months ago. When I notified USAA they connected me to newly formed survivor team. I sent Death certificate and requested paperwork.

I was told the survivor team would handle all actions within USAA family, so I would have time to grieve. Unfortunately, I trusted them. Well they immediately cancelled my credit card. To this day my wife's credit card account continues to send me monthly statements.

I contact the Survival Team and they tell me they cannot discuss that account without my Dead Wife's approval (privacy Issue). Even though I paid those statement for the last twenty years. Talk about an untrained, uncaring group of people. There mission appears to be to wreak as much pain, suffering and havoc on the survivor that they can humanly handle.

Last problem is I try adding my two adult children (who do not live near me) to the account signature cards. Due to COVID and USPS it took two months to complete paperwork and mail to USAA.

Upon receipt by USAA, documents were not dated, rather than someone picking up a pen and put the date on the document to complete the action. They are initiating mailing a new set of account signature cards and go thru the process a second time.

User's recommendation: Join a credit union that still believes in Customer service comes first.

Location: Hampstead, North Carolina