I had many problems with USAA.I store my car every winter.

When ever I changed storage status they would issue a new policy number, but the end date of the policy would not change. This had the effect of making other insurance companies think that I did not have a policy for six straight months. As an example, a six month policy from August through January would show a policy number from August until November when the vehicle went into storage, then a second number for Nov-Jan. If I tried to get a quote from another company they would only show a good policy for three of the six months.

The same would happen when I would take the car out. As a company that deals primarily with military members you should expect many members to put their cars into storage regularly when they deploy. This was not an oversight, but a way to lock members into their company without any way to get out. They like to snoop around your bank account without authorization.

If I had a bill due on the 5th of the month they may decide to go into my account on the 1st and take the money. If it wasn't there they would claim I over drafted and force me to pay the rest of the policy immediately. Again, since they have played stupid games with the policy numbers another insurance company would think I did not have continuous insurance for six months and deny me coverage. It actually took me having a State Farm agent listen in on a phone conversation with a USAA rep, and have the rep tell me (without knowing the other agent was listening) that I had continuous coverage for the last two years before I could get anyone to take me.

After finally breaking free I had the pleasure of having USAA, for no apparent reason, dip into my account and steal $733 from my check. No warning, no explanation, no authorization. Are they the worst company ever?

I don't know.They are defiantly neck and neck with AAA as the worst thieves and scammers I have ever had in the 27 years I have had insurance, and when you consider that I have had gems like Look and LA insurance, that is low praise indeed.

Review about: Usaa Auto Insurance.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Usaa?

Comments

"They are defiantly neck and neck with AAA as the worst thieves and scammers" HA ha ha ha!!!!-I never thought of that.

Now days, when I'm hit by either USAA insured (which I have) or AAA, I simply take a copy of their Insurance and drivers license to an accident attorney and pay to have the attorney deal with it. (I've lost years off my life dealing with those evil... Godless? lying?

horrible? [Put your own insult here] creatures.)

Jokes aside, when dealing with either insurers, just pay the cost and have a professional absorb the negativity for you.

Yes it costs you, but your life force is worth so much more.And your family will thank you for it as well.

If you have trouble with both AAA and USAA, then the problem is YOU not them.