1.4

Update by user May 29, 2017

USAA denies my water leakage after a full review of my appeal. They are saying that a wide open drain pipe that flooded my unit and the condo below had existed for more than 14 days and therefore is not covered per their contract. No evidence to prove their claim has ever been provided to me.

Original review posted by user Apr 26, 2017

On 3/14/17 I learned of damages to a rental property and notified USAA on 3/16/17. They denied my claim because they said I had a chronic leak from a p-trap drain pipe that became disconnected.

. I argued with them on almost a daily basis thereafter and finally proved my point that the primary chronic leak (they don't cover leaks lasting more than 14 days) causing mold came from a different source. Six weeks later and the day after they saw the photo proving my point they did a 180 turn and wrote they were denying my claim because of "poor workmanship" referring to a totally intact plastic connector that had not leaked in over five years.

They had never mentioned one thing about poor workmanship before. They are dispicable.

Product or Service Mentioned: Usaa Claim.

Reason of review: Bogus Reason for Denying Claim.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

USAA Pros: Many staff are pleasant and will listen.

USAA Cons: Contracts loopholes invalid, Totally unfair claims people, Practices, Lack of integrity.

• dishonest business dealings