4.2

Original review updated by user Jan 20, 2022

I have auto insurance, renters insurance, and a savings account with USAA. My car is old, so the premiums are low.

On my renters insurance policy, I pay a little extra for a $2,500 rider to cover my computer and jewelry. Last week, I had a loss for the first time in 13 years because the guy I was seeing stole my jewelry and my microwave oven.

I called USAA, got through quickly. That was surprising because I've read so many complaints on Reddit about long hold times. My only documentation on file is an old photo and a receipt from JC Penny's with the purchase date, necklace lengths and that they're 14 kt.

I expected my claim to be denied.

It wasn't! The MSR even apologized, because she said the replacement value for my two necklaces was more than $2,500, but that was the coverage amount I asked for when I got the policy.

She wired the claim payment to my USAA bank account the next day. The whole process took less than 15 minutes total.

User's recommendation: USAA has the right amount and type of insurance for what I need.

Product or Service Mentioned: Usaa Renters Policy Claim.

USAA Pros: Website is easy to use, Reliable, Type of insurance i need at a good price.

USAA Cons: Reduced call center hours.

Location: Mesa, Arizona