Interest Rate

Update by user Sep 12

Update since last night: So after talking with didn’t seem to care Jimmy and checking to see if I could get a cheaper flight—which I couldn’t —I have no choice but to withdraw the money for my son deposit into his account with Navy Federal while I’m at work and can’t (yes, now he knows about his surprise) so I can use his card to buy the ticket. After getting an error message at the atm that my daily limit was $570–which was a surprise to me—I increased it on the app to $600 and transferred the money to his USAA account for him to withdraw what he’ll need the next day.

Well.....I decide later that night to transfer some to another card, which I do when I’m scared something shady is about to happen to my money (better to have some left than none), ONLY to now discover—in the middle of the night—that the Alaska Airlines plane ticket charge has been taken out for each ticket individually and not as one charge as before. Look, I don’t know what the heck USAA is doing with my account. I took a picture of it though. I’m not even sure if it’ll stay paid.

What stress!! I’ll have to keep you up-to-date on what happens now.

Original review posted by user Sep 12

USAA does this thing where if you make a purchase with your debit card, they’ll make it look like the money has been debited from your account, and you think the balance is right. Then several purchases and a few days later, if you’re not watching every single PENNY, they’ll wait several days then choose what they’ll pay, even if it’s not in the order you made the purchase. This means your account balance is actually not accurate and you may not have what you think you have your account. As a result The way they handled the account, you don’t have what you need to cover the cost of something like a plane ticket because they’ll CHOOSE to pay The smaller purchases instead— even though you may have purchased the large purchase item 1st AND actually saw the money from that purchase come out on the day you bought it. Shady!! They want to make sure that they don’t authorize something to go through and then you don’t have the money left to cover it once the smaller purchases come through, so what they’ll do is Make it look like the money for all these purchases came out on the day that they happen and then Mark your account as pending, then go back in your account and see if you got enough money to cover everything and if you don’t then they’ll just pick and choose what they’re going to cover despite the order and what you purchased it. So if you made a big purchase and then sell the smaller purchases after that, they’ll cover though so I’m a smaller purchases and give you the money back for the big purchase so that your account is a negative. Then make it look like the money for all these purchases came out on the day that they happen and then Mark your account as pending, then go back in your account and see if you got enough money to cover everything and if you don’t then they’ll just pick and choose what they’re going to cover despite order and what you purchased it. So if you made a big purchase and then sell the smaller purchases after that, no cover though so I’m a smaller purchases and give you the money back on the big purchase so that your account is a negative. Then Nelle they’ll just put that money from the bigger purchases back in your account. Theyve done this multiple times with me and I have evidence of it. I even called two days after I purchased that ticket to make sure that it was covered and was told by the representative that the money had came out and it was covered only to find out after the weekend was over that they did not pay or as they call it process it. The first thing I want to do is blame it on the merchant so they’ll tell you that they don’t know how long it takes for the merchant I purchased it from to process the payment but that’s not true. Now, I don’t have my plane ticket now because they chose to wait for four or five days to process it to make sure everything else went through. I think I must’ve spent about $18 more than what I had in as a result they wouldn’t pay out the $1300 plane ticket that I bought so they put that $1300 back into my account. Now that same ticket, two of them, has gone up by a couple of hundred dollars. I’m using the plane ticket as an example because it happened to me this weekend, but they also do of other items as well. Almost every month my account is overdrawn because of the way they choose to process the payment from my debit cards, and are not always the merchants fault but that’s what they’ll tell you to get you off the phone. Don’t believe it. I call and ask about it before and the excuse is always “it’s the merchant.” But it’s not the merchant because the merchant took the payment out on the day I made it, which is why the money disappeared from my account. The problem is that they wait to process things days after they’ve seen what you’ve purchased. They just don’t want your account in the negative, especially by larger amount, just in case you close the account out. Because if you have a negative balance and the close your account out, then that’s money they’ll lose. But that’s really unfair to the customer!!! They should process things in order in which they are purchased. I’ll check my balance on my phone constantly and I’m telling you what they say is there or what they say is not there is not always accurate, which makes it very difficult to keep up with your balance. When using a debit card it is not always easy to account for each penny, especially when they have these crooked process policies. For instance, I can buy something with my debit card and think I have a certain amount left in there but there are times when they will take money out of the account right away when I purchase something and there are times when they won’t take money out of the account when I purchase something and it comes out later. How do they expect someone to know. I don’t know about you but almost everybody I know lives month to month I don’t have the luxury of leaving lots of money in the account for “just in case.” It’s almost like a punishment for not getting overdraft. I’m ready to sue them so that they can get their bank records examined because I know they’re doing something unsavory. And I’m really pissed That they only let $18 and didn’t pay my $1332 ticket. Do yourself a favor and get an online app and take pictures when you make purchases and what your account balance is, especially pay attention for any purchases that you make on a Thursday or Friday before the weekend. And be sure to check your account on Monday and Tuesday because that’s when they usually start doing that sneaky stuff. If anybody is interested in doing a class action lawsuit let me know. That ticket I purchased was a birthday gift to a concert in Seattle for my son Kristian and they really screwed me over, again....

OH!! Another thing will do is if I deposit cash to cover something then I’m going to pay for that day, the deposit will show up in the bank that day so when I paid Comcast which is like 230 something dollars, they you don’t need the money from my account I made it look like it was paid and then two days later it shows on my bank statement/bank account on my phone that I deposited the money today. What kind of crap is that? It also shows that I don’t have any money in my account to cover a pending Comcast bill of over $200. I bet that won’t go through either. If it doesn’t that’s just another bit of evidence that I have to show how they are doing things.

I’m really getting sick and tired of the way they handle my account. I know some of these practices cannot possibly be legal. giannistclaire@hotmail.com

Contact me if you’re interested. I don’t need any details but I’m sure I can find a lawyer who did more than happy to review whatever we need them to review and take their butts to court. My ex is a lawyer and knows a few lawyers who’ll be willing to handle the case, so I’ll be able to put this together quickly with enough people. Always make a habit of using the online app and take pictures of what your account looks like from one day to the next so you can start proving how these things are being processed.

Product or Service Mentioned: Usaa Claim.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 12.

Comments

SP10

They do this. And it is illegal.

Wells Fargo and Chase were both sued for the same thing! Happened to me MANY times but it just started in the last few years...oddly around the time when new high officials were hired...they are not for VETERANS at all anymore.

Too much information. Simple solution: use a CREDIT card.

That complaint is far too long to read in its entirety. KISS principle : (keep it short stupid) and cut back on the caffeine.