The bill pay service is so ineffective and slow that some bill arrived late. I guess they use a 3rd party service.

Charges take days to post on your account always showing inaccurate balance. I personally went back to Chase Bank, it offers free military account, free money orders and checks.

The only benefit I received from USSA was getting paid a day early, but I can wait another day rather than put up with all the headaches USAA has caused me. Angry

Product or Service Mentioned: Usaa Account.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

RigidCrab979

I have registered complaints about USAA Bill Pay Service for two years. I have communicated by email, telephone, fax, and US mail.

Today I called USAA to notify them that for the second month in a row my payment to Dominion Energy has not arrived. The representative I spoke with was less than interested and essentially told me there was nothing USAA could do and that it is not USAA's fault. The check was written and sent out on time and they have no control over when the check arrives. He attempted to pass blame on to Dominion stating maybe they received the check and it takes time for them to process it.

He added that over the last couple of months, instead of paying Dominion electronically, they are now using paper checks. Odd, yes, stopping what works, and using a less efficient means to pay their customers bills. USAA's customer service has deteriorated over the pass several years. USAA is failing with their commitment to provide excellent service.

USAA now limits the types of emails they will accept from their customers. Therefore, customers must telephone USAA. With all the technology available, USAA keeps their customers at arms length.

Most companies today accept emails from their customers. PENFED here I come.