1.3
Additional Fees
Interest Rate
Privacy and Data Security

USAA had so many issues with secured VISA accounts (like the one I'm writing about) they had to stop the program. If/when they start it back up, DO NOT JOIN THEM, go to another bank.

Simply, I had to file Chapter 13 consolidation bankruptcy and was told by USAA my account would not be impacted because it was secured with my funds in a CD.

That was LIE#1 from USAA.

Within 24 hours of my C13 filing, USAA closed my secured account and charged it off (even though I was NEVER late, not once) and locked my funds in the CD. I was told to have my lawyer contact USAA (which he did twice) to get the funds redirected to pay off the secured VISA and then I would receive the balance. They ignored my lawyer completely. That was LIE#2 from USAA.

I then called back to reached a customer service rep in the credit card department that said I was misinformed and the CD SHOULD HAVE BEEN closed immediately (she was the first honest rep I found).

She put in the paperwork to have the funds released to pay off the card and to give me the balance, which did NOT happen. The claim she put in was denied even though she was correct (according to my lawyer). At this point, USAA is screwing me over.

I'm now on my next round of calls and USAA keeps bouncing me all over the place from one rep to another and they keep feeding me BS.

My next step is to file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) since they help consumers in my situation.

USAA is full of lies around their credit card policies. If you're in a situation like I am where you have to file any form of bankruptcy and need to start over, find another bank to get a secured card through, because USAA will not be there to help you.

Product or Service Mentioned: Usaa Credit Card.

USAA Cons: Practices, Customer service i received.

• Banking and debit cards