62 views
Verified Reviewer

My husband has been a member with USAA for almost 28 years. From a brand new Lt to his retirement as a Lt Col.

We have everything with them. Well after today that might change, and thats unfortunate...We made an international purchase, or tried to (from a place I've ordered from before BTW ) we verified PRIOR to pressing the process payment button through VISA AND also verified after with USAA it was NOT a fraudulent charge when we recieved the text to confirm that... YET the charge was still declined ..AND our account is now under "review" for fraud. We can't access our money or even look at our accounts now for who knows how long (They say 3 buisness days, but I've seen comments regarding this and it seems that's what it starts as but that time gets longer) even after verifying multiple times this was a purchase WE were trying to making.

AND Now we have about 8 bills that aren't going to go through because we can only make deposits into our account . I probably would get this review alittle more~ if there was maybe actual fraud to look into...But we had verified multiple times now IT WAS US. So it seems, we're basically just waiting on someone to unlock our account now for a charge that was verified multiple times to be our own. In the meantime we don't have access to our funds and 8 bills we will be paying fees for when they bounce or don't go through because they are only accepting money INTO our account.

And all this for a purchase we did everything we had to TO verify we DID MAKE.(OR TRIED TO the purchase never went through) Apparently nobody can do anything about this to speed the process up....Or at least we can't speak to anybody who actually can. When I call the automated system it says my information isn't recognized either.... Like I don't exist.

But our direct deposits sure are still hitting just fine...Funny thing...Last month we had 20+ charges to Apple to our account back to back....That didn't trigger a "review" or even a block. This though....A international charge to a buisness I have purchased from before AND verified with VISA verification prior to pressing process AND through USAA verification AND verifying by phone in person....This does though.

Product or Service Mentioned: Usaa Checking Account.

Preferred solution: Full access back to our account and our money prior that they are holding before all the bills we already have scheduled go through and we have to pay multiple fess for this. .

USAA Cons: Very difficult to talk to a person in customer support, Legal dept innaccessable, Cant get ahold of anyone who put restrictions on accounts.

Comments