10500 John Cape Rd, San Antonio, TX 78216
1.6
Privacy and Data Security

My husband and I bought new cars. We were suggested by USAA policy to buy the New Car Replacement Value insurance for our new expensive cars.

We were told by numerous USAA reps that the ncr will be the value of the car - depreciation plus 25%. So after many questions this made sense to us. Unfortunately my husband was severely injured and his brand new car was totaled. So we weren’t concern because the lady hit my husband not me Nd we had the ncr.

Well no- the calculation is actually value if car - depreciation- repair costs + 25%. So the 80k that we thought we were getting turned out to be 22k. Usaa claims it’s all in writing in the packet they send out. But the problem is when you say and explain on the phone something else I feel that is a horrible tactic..

especially for military personnel who expect honesty and don’t have time to double read their oacket to make sure their agents are telling the truth. By the eY I got my mom sister and I called 6 different times in the last month and we were given the same atory over the phone about what is covered and the calculation of ncr.

It never mentioned the repair costs. Usaa very dissapoinyed.

Product or Service Mentioned: Usaa Auto Insurance.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Pay as advised from the beginning. .

USAA Pros: Dislike usaa.

USAA Cons: Lack of understanding.

Comments

h.kitchener

This is a good, albeit terrible lesson for you and others to learn nowadays: never, ever trust or believe what is said by the people of any organization concerning what is and what is not covered, etc. Their objective is to sell you something and the actual facts don't matter as long as you believe them and they make the sale.

As someone said "trust, but verify." Always read the contract and/or the materials furnished to you via your policy or warranty---not the sales pitch. You might also now consider exploring other insurance companies. Get some quotes from a couple or three other companies for the future.

Just because USAA caters to military personnel doesn't mean they really take care of you better than other companies. Just saying.