Verified Reviewer

Horrible service from a once stellar company. 8 year USAF veteran and have been a usaa customer over 15 years.

Multiple bank accounts, credit card, multiple previous auto loans, investments, home and auto. Have moved all of my insurance after checking rates elsewhere and realized they were the most expensive of any company. Yesterday I mobile deposited a 25k bank check from my credit union so I can start a new garage project. They put a hold on 15k.

I have their cc with zero balance that they could use if there were issues. Rep said a manager could override the hold next day once they could see the check image. Called today and rep said no way to override and will be several business days. Screwing up my project start.

Dishonest company after my years of business. Opened a Navy Federal checking and savings accounts today and will be completely closing all usaa accounts. If you can't depend on your financial institution or your insurance company, who can you depend on. USAA spends a lot of money on advertising, they should spend it on customer service.

Their rates are rarely competitive anymore, their insurance is one of the most costly - even with zero claims and a clean driving record.

Just stay away from usaa. Their tagline should be "usaa - stay away".

User's recommendation: avoid USAA - go to PenFed or Navy FCU.

USAA Cons: Will screw you every time.

Location: Alexandria, Virginia