1.3

Before you read my complaint, take a look at USAA's Inspector's Report of my southwest Philly twin home that I am renovating myself.Look at his "valuations" of both the real property and the personal property and then slowly scroll through his pictures in his report.

Take your time.... Back? Ok, so I have an unrenovated 130 year old twin in southwest philly. I bot it at a sherriff's sale bc it was abandoned and a wreck.

I removed all the trim and gutted the place, replaced the systems, a majority of the windows and the three exterior doors, and put most walls back up, but not the interior doors, trim, etc. and only run water/sewer to one bathroom. I had to complete the kitchen and one bathroom to pass the inspection and get a certificate of occupancy before my permit expired. The comps for completely renovated twins in the area are around $320000.

I have no furniture in the place and some of the old detritus is still in there--especially in the basement. Oh, and the trim and doors are still in there, with decades of paint on them. Did you look at his photos? Well, not only has USAA refused to acknowledge the value represented in their own inspector's photos, they have up his numbers since 2013 and now charge me based on a $939000 real property value and personal property value [of what is in the house] at $450,000.

Yep, no joke--a $1.4Million dollar house...and a premium three times what it should be.

Years later, USAA will not budge--even after they admitted that they would NEVER pay me $1.389Million if the house is destroyed.What does this sound like to you, 'cause it sounds like a fraudulent scheme to me.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I liked: Prompt response and payment on a claim on other property.

I didn't like: Intentionally overcharging me by 200 percent on a 320k house.

Comments

Simple: get a quote from another company.