149 views

My car was deemed a total loss on September 18th, 2019 and my husband and I accepted the amount. Paperwork was sent via email that same day.

The next day the notary would'nt stamp it because it was blank, so my husband contacted USAA claims department to get more information, but they decided to resend the correct paperwork overnight via Fedex. Paperwork was overnighted back to USAA on Saturday September 21, 2019. My husband contacted USAA claims department on Monday September 23, 2019 to get the status of payment because my rental car was only approved through Wedsneday September 25, 2019. We bank through USAA and didn't know the banking and insurance side are different so our banking information was shared with the clains adjuster so payment could be issued through electronic funds transfer.

We were told 2-3 business days. Today is Thursday September 26, 2019 and still no funds or communication from USAA so my husband calls back to learn the status. A check was sent out yesterday "and will take up to 7 business days". That's odd considering we were clear on wanting EFT, so we confirm the voiding of the check and reiterate wanting electronic funds transfer.

At 9:30 this morning September 26, 2019 Fedex drops off the check that was overnighted, if the adjuster at USAA had communicated that the check was overnighted yestersay there is no way we would have confirmed the void on the check this morning! I promptly call USAA insurance claims to see what can be done and why so much misinformation. I spend about 8 minutes on the phone with customer service before I ask to speak to a supervisor because she tells me 1-2 business days for the voiding of the check to be processed. Then an additional 1-2 days to receive EFT, meaning I won't get the settlement money until Monday September 30, 2019 at the earliest.

Mind you I gave the rental car back yesterday Wednesday September 25, 2019 because we were anticipating payment and so I could buy another car. I spend 20 minutes on the phone with the supervisor to basically tell me the same thing the customer service rep told me. Mistakes in communication were made, he's sorry, is there anyway I could pay for additional days of the rental car out of pocket and then file for reimbursement ... all things the supervisor said to me on the phone!

I have taken 2 days off of work and I might get paid on Monday Septmeber 30, 2019 at the earliest.

How is this acceptable? Oh and by the way I just recieved an email from USAA saying I will receive payment 2-3 business days from today via EFT, how convenient they haven't communicated with me since September 19, 2019 and they told me 1-2 business days not 2-3!

Product or Service Mentioned: Usaa Claim.

Location: Olympia, Washington