Miami, Florida
2.8K views

I served in the u.s. navy for 3 years and faught in 2 wars and they say that because I dont have an honerable discharge I dont qualify for eligibility for insurance...2 wars!!!!!

Im still a veteran...even if my discharge says other than honerable...id like a auto insurance quote from them and they dont wanna do it....I also tried to aplly for ome insurance and still didnt wanna do that.....usaa sucks!!!!!! And to top it off they dont even offer a way for u to become eligable...I hate that so much its like if they are just screwing u

Product or Service Mentioned: Usaa Auto Insurance.

Comments

I totally agree. What's the difference between a general UNDER HONORABLE CONDITIONS and HONORABLE?

There is ONLY 1... and that's eligiblity for the G. I. Bill.

THAT'S IT!!! I SERVED MY COUNTRY HONORABLY! The fact that the government worded it a bit differently ONLY excludes me from the G. I.

Bill. It DOES NOT MEAN THAT MY SERVICE WAS NOT HONORABLE. FACT!!! It's a slap in the face and I for one am glad that idiots like USAA deny people like me.

Shows their true colors. I'm with Navy Federal now and I couldn't be happier!!!

I too have an OTH from the marines Don’t let them get you down. You still served.

It means nothing really in the civilian world you just don’t get military benefits or apparently insurance from USAA. Lol Navy Federal is still on your side

@Anonymous 2019

Thank you for being an outstanding Marine.... Some of us *** up and regret it, but regardless of what you've done (unless you sold your country out to the enemy) you're still a vet and still opted to give your life for the red white and blue....

Usaa is totall *** I just went round and round,, My stepsister can get my dads benefits but I’m his biological daughter and I’m not entitled to *** Figure that one out.. They said because her mom was married to my dad..

Wtf does that got to do with it.. I’m his daughter..

i love how dumb these people commenting are. oth's arent bad at alll rofl

@vet

Is that sarcastic? haha

You were less than honorably discharged. USAA is a membership organization.

Simply being a veteran doesn't give you membership.

Also, don't use the fact that you fought in two wars to get your way.

2 wars should give him plenty of benefits

@Duh huh

What did you do may I ask? Any veteran who served should be eligible.

I’d love to hear what you did. Coming from combat veteran

@Duh huh

How many wars did you fight in??? Shut the *** up...you sound stupid.

Oh, and if you think I don't think that you're gonna comment and say you fought in 8 wars...THINK AGAIN! I know idiots like you all too well. Think that your *** don't stink. JUDGE GOD IF YOU WANNA JUDGE SOMEONE!!!

YOU DON'T KNOW ANYONE'S CIRCUMSTANCES OR WHY THEY GOT THE DISCHARGE THEY GOT!!!

THEY SERVED GIVING YOU THE RIGHT TO LEAVE A COMMENT!!! AND DONKEYS LIKE USAA THAT PRETEND TO SUPPORT VETERANS ONLY SUPPORT THEIR POCKETS!!!

Did you spend time in the Navy brig for most of your three years? Don't expect much if you have an "other than honorable" discharge. That's like having a criminal record as a civilian.

#1195939
@Anonymous

Having an OTH is not like having a criminal record. I served in the Marines & was seperated with an other than honorable discharge.

I have no problem getting employment & have no issues buying fire arms. It is not a criminal discharge.

here's how one can qualify you can get an honorable discharge. Per board of directors thats the qualifications. If its not honorable than go to Geico 8)

It's a membership group.

You're not honorably discharged which means you did something to deserve the discharge. It also means that, like so many benefits, you do not qualify.

They aren't screwing you, you screwed yourself!

@Realist

I agree with Realist a Honorable discharge is not that hard. And the Military does not hand out less than honorable discharges for no reason. :cry :cry :cry

@Honorably discharged TWICE!!

Other than when you get injured and fight them for 5 years about it and during you are still ruining your knee and shoulder cause as a mechanic I don't get a break so you tell them to discharge you or you walk so you can somehow still care for your family sewing as I was also thrown in jail because the we chain of command wouldn't pay me for a month and a half and I couldn't pay $92 for a ticket. Other than honorable means just that.

It isn't dishonorable and muddy means *** happened and want figured out completely. One person was correct I that you can after 6 months have it upgrade through the committee

@Chris kirk

Gotta love these donkeys that pretend to know why someone was discharged. And to act as if anything other than honorable means that you did something so horrible that it would determine whether or not you can get cheaper car insurance...LAUGHABLE!!!

DUCK USAA!!! DUCK THEIR SUPPORTERS!!!

And DUCK these DUCKING idiots posting comments about how someone deserves their OTH discharge AS IF THEY DUCKING KNOW WHY!!! DUCKING IDIOTS!!!