Verified Reviewer

2.5

Update by user Feb 22

Just received a new bill from USAA for my bundled insurance products and the new layout is very good. So one more issue down.That said, I finally got around to setting up my Victory Capital account in Quicken and was surprised to learn they do not support any of the money management programs available. USAA moved my Roth IRA to Victory Capital and I can't believe that a company in this day and age doesn't support electronic downloads.

Original review posted by user Feb 12

What happened? I work around 90 hours a week so, this is about two years worth of issues most of which have been resolved.

About two years ago I received one of the most confusing bills I have ever received for bundled insurance products.

USAA broke out the insurance totals but then mashed all of the totals into the amount for car insurance? How would I have known that? Took forever to get someone on the phone, much longer than it used to be. Issue resolved, USAA credited back the overpayment.

Later I saw a large check hit my checking account I didn't recognize.

So I called USAA after work and spoke with someone to fix the issue. The customer service rep was good and kept me updated as they worked to fix the issue. That said, it took almost an hour to get this corrected. By the end of our call, he was working with at least one manager and their IT department to fix this one issue.

When they moved the check to the correct account, the computer system automatically dinged my account for a stop payment fee which is clearly incorrect. In the end they were able to correct the error, but it is troubling that no one noticed this issue earlier and that it took a team of USAA employees to resolve this one issue. Whatever cost savings senior management hope to achieve by cutting corners, probably was blown out of the water by this one call.

The previous CEO thought it was a grand idea to sell off the financial products and pepper long time customers with tasks and emails when not too many people had a whole lot of free time in the year 2020. I guess this is resolved, but I am still not happy about it.

Not good timing.

In Jan 2021, USAA changed the way Quicken downloads transactions to increase security. Once again they dropped the ball and there are issues. One account is still not pulling in new transactions as of 2/12/2021. This is just one of the known issues.

According to Quicken support, missing account(s), reversed transactions, and communications errors have all been reported. Quicken is still working to fix these issues with USAA, no ETA.

User's recommendation: Check around, USAA isn't a clear leader anymore.

Product or Service Mentioned: Usaa Banking Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

USAA Pros: Customer service.

USAA Cons: Increasing errors and issues.

Location: Searsport, Maine