15935 La Cantera Pkwy, San Antonio, TX 78256
1.2

I was in a collision that caused front bumper damage to my 2011 Cadillac SRX. Immediately after the collision it started to rain.

I noticed that I now had water leaking into my front passenger floorboard from behind my dash. When I reported my accident to USAA things were very normal. Then when I my adjuster or damage specialist Mark Douglas (most rude, lazy and condescending person I have ever encountered) looked at my car he stated that the leak was being caused by something else. He had not even looked at the vehicle yet at this point.

I then asked him why he was so quick to tell me that it was not related to the collision. He stated that it just cant be related. I requested that he go look at the vehicle before he made a determination on it. Lets set the table a little here the vehicle has 130k miles and never had a leak issue ever.

took it through a carwash the day before and no leak, get in collision and 20mins after starts to leak. only thing different was the collision. Mark Douglas calls me back and states that they put a water hose on the car and was able to get it to leak. He stated that it was caused by the sunroof, so I did a little research and this is a known issue with this model.

This issue is known to happen when the drain hose rots or gets clogged. It is also a known problem to happed directly after a collision (same as my case). The inspection that Mark Douglas conducted was just the water hose test and an out side look at my vehicle. The collison repair shop that did the work was not equipped to remove the dash to see the real problem.

I was then told that I would have to take my vehicle to a dealership to see if this could be related to the collision. I did this and it was found that the drain hose had become disconnected (not rotted or broken) from its connection point. (remember this is a known issue after a collision). So after my initial dealings with Mark Douglas I called into USAA to file a complaint about Mark Douglas and was told I had to talk with a supervisor (Michael Vogt) and that he would call me back.

This was in early may 8 May 2019. I never was called until today 01 July 2019 and spoke to a lady named Sarah. She was also very rude and was only willing to look at what was written by the Mark Douglas. I tried to give here the story and she refused to even hear a word I was saying.

I have been with USAA for over 22 years and until now have had nothing but great service and felt cared for by everyone that I have ever come in contact with.

Not anymore stay away from this company as their core values have changed and become just like any other insurance company. This company is ruled by greed and is only out for two things themselves and your money.

terrible experience to say the least. very disappointed in a company that once stood for fair treatment of its customers (mainly military/veterans). I guess the old adage all good things must come to an end is very true here.

I will be looking elsewhere for my insurance needs from here on out.

Shawn M. Johnson USCG Retired

Product or Service Mentioned: Usaa Auto Claim.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

USAA Cons: Lack of understanding, Awefull, Poor value and polices, Executive resolution.

• auto insurance

Comments

FuturisticZonkey

My vehicle was parked and hit by another vehicle, owner of this vehicle had USSA insurance. The customer service reps were rude and I was lied to.

It was a freaking nightmare and I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown. This company Is a scam. First contact I was threatened that if I went with my choice of autobody and the estimate was for three days and it took them five days, I would have to pay for car rental for two xtra days. I told this rude woman that I know they have to take door off to access further damage and if they can't get new door in right away due to unknown reason I would be charged and she said, "YES", so she said in a threatening voice, "You listen to every word I tell you, Sheila you understand me".

This is how it is going to go. We will approve estimate and you will receive check in mail right a way and we will contact so and so car rental company and it is up to you to make sure you get the rental car back there in time do you understand? I agreed and she hung up, she was being so rude and interrupting, so the conversation ended and rental company phoned me in ten minutes and I told them the insurance company has not approved the estimate so I am still waiting. It took them five business days to approve the estimate.

They called me and left me a message and told me they are not approving the paint estimate and I will have to pay for paint. Then they sent me a check and I picked up my car and paid them the amount of check and off I go. Today I receive a statement they will not pay any additional repair charges to my Auto Body Shop and to go elsewhere. This company representatives, five of them were all mean, unaccommodating and nasty.

They never corresponded to my auto body only once, they felt like they enjoyed harassing me. I have never seen anything like it in my life. I thought it was a nightmare.

PLease do not subscribe to this insurance company , they will do their best to try to cheat you out of a estimate and not pay the full amount. I am going to make a claim with the Texas Insurance Commissioner.