1.8

My family has had USAA for decades and until recently they have been great. Apparently they have changed how they operate in the last few years. This is a brief description of how they are handling a recent motor vehicle accident claim without bodily injury..

1. No adjuster, just send in pictures of the damage.

2. In their wisdom, from looking at the pictures they determined that the vehicle was totaled.

3. The claim has gone on for well over 30 days while the vehicle was repaired perfectly by one person in 10 days. Obviously not a total loss.

4. There have been 16 documented and recorded phone calls attempting to settle the claim without success. Not one message resulted in a return phone call including a message left for a manager.

5. On two occasions the USAA reps (I won't call them adjusters because they are not) stated that they are not allowed to call out. Meaning they cannot call the insured.

6. On two occasions (recorded) two different USAA reps made statements concerning insurance and motor vehicle laws in the state where we live that are misleading and false. Contact with both state agencies provided information that was in direct conflict with what USAA stated.

7. One one occasion disparaging remarks were made about the state we live in.

What we have here is a pathetic situation of how to take a reputable company and run it into the ground.

Mr. S Wayne Peacock, President of USAA Casualty and General Lester Lyles, Chairman of the Board the above is what you have for a company.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Frustrating.

I didn't like: Lack of knowledge.

Comments

Strange, I have seen NONE of this. What is happening with all of the bogus posts about this outstanding company that has not changed, except maybe for the better.

to Anonymous #1535021

Excuse me AN, This is not a bogus post as you state. I do not appreciate being called a liar and note the source of such a comment which invalidates it.

I have close to thirty pages of documentation. What do you have to disprove what I say?