107 views
Verified Reviewer

So had tree limbs that fell on my house and electric line. My roof was damaged and electric ripped from house.

One of the first things that happen is electric was hooked to the cable anchor point and so cable cord came i. Contact with hot leg and caught line on fire and fried my tv and Internet equipment. Next they did part of the roof and did not install step flashing. Because they didnt my roof is leaking and they said its my fault because of missing j channel.

Now I have a issue to where roof is still leaking and multiple inspection show it was done wrong. The problem with usaa is they will not cover for the actual problem or ensure the work was done correctly. They do not require things to be brought to code. They also will not hold contractor responsible for bad work because as long as it looks good and finish In a picture then they think its all fine.

I even had a leak test done today that showed it was leaking and they said that it is not covered because it contradicts the first inspection to were the contractor said it will not leak cause it his word and it stands. The managers are the biggest joke because they know nothing about construction and believe the bs. Also they do not match up the color scheme that I had.

Best advice is to get your own contractor that you can trust and have a conpany just do the inspection. Im mad now because my roof decking is saturated with water and its bouncy and it will probably fall through eventually.

USAA Pros: Fairly reasonable rates, Usaa used to make me feel like they cared.

USAA Cons: No loyalty or helpfulness for long time customers, Failure to listen to my issue, Find loopholes to avoid covering insured items.

Comments