138 views
Verified Reviewer

My husband died in December. He Had A CD which was in his name only.

He tried to get my name on it, but they said they could not do that. When he passed I ask them what I had to do to collect the money from the CD. They told me fax a copy of the will, his death certificate, marriage license and his birth certificate. The will was duly notarized.

I called a week later and they said that wasn't good enough. they said I needed a letter from the court saying I was executor.I said the will stated I was executor. My daughter and I went down to the courthouse and they gave me a form to fill out and they would file it. I just needed the CD #.

I called and asked for the number and they said they could not give me that information. That I now had to file a letter of testamentary. The whole thing is just overwhelming me.

I have no money but what he left in the CD.My husband was a 100 percent disabled Vietnam Veteran., they say they work with veterans that is BS..dont put your money in you will never get it back. A very, very disappointed widow.

Product or Service Mentioned: Usaa Customer Care.

USAA Pros: Husband loved them.

USAA Cons: Are ripping me off.

Comments

Raymond M

Hate to say it but you don't have a chance in *** of getting that money without a lawyer. You may not even win with a lawyer and if the CD is less than a hundred grand and the courts find in your favor much of the proceeds from the CD will go to the lawyer.

Final note: USAA is an insurance company. They are NOT your friend despite all their *** They make their money by doing everything in their power to not give it away to customers

All of this is how lawyers make a lot of money on estates. Not USAA's fault.

@PissedConsumer1814392

You are joking ..Right! It is USAA fault and if don't agree just let them have your money!

Raymond M
@PissedConsumer1814496

First of all the money is not hers. It is her husband's money.

She's asking USAA to be nice and show sympathy. You're joking, right? USAA is NOT an advocate for vets.

They ARE a greedy, blood sucking insurance company, probably with a psychopath as a CEO. Most large corporations are run by psychopaths are sociopaths.

USAA Reviews