82 views
Verified Reviewer

I have home and car insurance with USAA, and have had them for almost 30 years. I've always paid premiums on time.

I've never had a car claim and only a home claim once in the past 10 years. I had to hire a lawyer to help with the homeowner claim because agent and adjuster would not honor terms of my claim and insurance benefits. My car insurance cost is absolutely OUTRAGEOUS! When I called to ask why my car insurance went up $98 dollars since the last 6 months premium, I received no adequate explanation other than "my state approved insurance rate hike" - REALLY :( I have NEVER had to use my car insurance.

I have no wrecks, no tickets, NOTHING. USAA no longer rewards safety, great credit rating, and responsibility.

I'm looking for other insurance companies now. The past 5 years has really given me a bad taste for USAA insurance company reliability, they no longer reward loyalty and safe behaviors, and their lack of care for the customer has become a great disappointment.

User's recommendation: if you want a company that is for the customer - this is NOT IT!

Preferred solution: looking for a more credible company that appreciates customer safety and responsibility.

USAA Cons: Not a valued customer, Customer with excellent safety responsibility no longer rewarded, Unreasonable rate hike increases.

Comments