57 views
Verified Reviewer

Resolved
3.8
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Sep 22

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with full refund.

Update by user Sep 22

It took a number of phone calls with numerous representatives but I was able to finally have someone help me. They mailed me a check for the full amount. They put me in touch with a specific person who followed up with me until the issue was resolved.

Original review posted by user Sep 13

My debit card was declined at a vendor and when I got home and contacted a representative I was told that the checking and credit card accounts because I did not submit some information to update my or my wifes personal profile. They told me that they had issued and mailed a check (a significant amount) to my mailing address.

Well, I live in Mexico and was left with no way to obtain any funds since I relied on the debit card at ATMs. I also explained that there would be no way for me to cash the check in Mexico (assuming I ever receive it!). Closing my account also resulted in my Social Security checks and IRA distributions to stop since they were direct deposited to the account. While trying to resolve the problem and open a new account I found the website and ability to connect with and speak to a real person extremely frustrating.

I also found that a number of the representatives I dealt with to not be totally knowledgeable. I have been a USAA member since 1971 and find that the customer service has declined significantly in recent years.

User's recommendation: If you live outside the US make sure you have an alternative way to obtain money.

Product or Service Mentioned: Usaa Banking Service.

Preferred solution: Immediate re-deposit of the balance from the closed account into the new account..

USAA Pros: Banking security.

USAA Cons: Customer service.

Comments