Every time you get off the phone with USAA they tell you “Thank you for trusting USAA.”

DON’T.

I no longer have any trust in this bank. I have been getting the runaround every time I call in. Back in November my recently divorced ex husband received a payout for a homeowners insurance claim. The check was written to him AND myself. He never told me of the payment. I found out a month or so later when I called to find out the status of the claim. They wrote 2 checks totaling almost $17,000. Through mobile deposit, he was allowed to deposit the money into HIS sole bank account with ONLY his signature. I spent an hour and a half on the phone and get told that since we were divorced I would have to go after him in court myself, that there was nothing they could do. She told me that since it was a mobile deposit, it just recognizes that there is A signature on it and that there is not a person whose job it is to monitor that. She said everything went the way in was suppose to on their end......

I tell her that response is not acceptable and that I need to speak with her manager. She sends me to the executive resolution team where I spoke with someone named Christy. She apologized, took my information down and assured me I would hear back from someone in three business days. Not the first time I heard that, and of course it didn’t happen. I called back 4 business days later. Received some more run around, no real answers. Tells me a form should show up under my documents to get signed and notarized. It never did. It’s been 10 business days now.

I called back again yesterday, spoke with Maggie on the executive resolution team who apologized and tells me she’s moving it up to one of the senior members of the team and that I should hear from them within 2 business days. Much to my surprise that senior member called me back within a few hours. Her name was Anna. She was the WORST encounter of this entire frustrating process!!! She told me that I had to take this up with the claims department. I told her I had already spoken with them twice and they said it’s not their problem l, it’s the banks. They wrote the check like they were suppose to, but the BANK allowed a check to be deposited that was not properly endorsed. I completely agreed. I told this to Anna. She said she would remain on the line with me while we figured this out with the claims rep. She got off the phone as soon as she connected me with the claims rep..... I was furious. Explained to the claims rep who again agreed it was the banks issue. She transferred me back. Ended up speaking with a gentleman in deposits who said he would be sending me back to the executive resolution team. I sat on hold for probably 10 minutes and finally just hung up.

This is pathetic. A senior member of the executive resolution team calls back and pushes me all the way back to start again. WORST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER RECEIVED. Maybe this will get someone’s attention. I’m sick of getting pushed from one useless person to another.....

Product or Service Mentioned: Usaa Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 24.

Comments

The first answer that you received was the correct one. You can get off the phone and get to making progress.