Lexington Park, Maryland
Additional Fees
Interest Rate
Privacy and Data Security

We cancelled our auto policy with USAA July 2018 due to an insane price hike. I called, cancelled, and picked up insurance with another company.

I log in to our USAA account in October 2018 to pay a credit card bill from an emergency use and see a "Tile" (as they call it) on our homepage for insurance. I call immediately to ask why it's there since we cancelled in July. I was put on hold because the rep could not see it on his screen, he checked with their troubleshooting department and they confirmed that they couldn't see it and our policy was indeed cancelled. I logged in the next day and did not see anything regarding auto insurance anymore, so I thought the issue had been resolved.

Fast forward to this month/year (August 2019) and we inquire about homeowners insurance.

We receive a call the next day saying we owe over $2,000 for unpaid auto insurance!! I log in and find that Tile back again.

They claim to have sent bills in August, September, and November 2018, and not again until August 2019..... Wtf

Comments

Always cancel anything and everything in writing and serve via Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested. State the date effective (be sure it's 30 days before the next billing date).

Then instruct your bank or credit card to reject any and all charges after the drop dead date. Never, ever bother with the telephone, text messages, e-mails etc.