Show reviews that mention
insurance service customer money customer service account car bank claim credit
Filter review

USAA General Indemnity Company

USAA, 9800 Fredericksburg Road, San Antonio, Texas 78288 I called this company 1-80*-***-**** on October 18, 2010 for a homeowners quote. The agent quoted me $666 for a $145,000 coverage. I advised his quote was "outrageous" and hung up. I was sent a policy stating coverage from October 18, 2010 to October 18, 2011 on December 18, 2010. I filed a written complaint with the NM Fraud Bureau and USAA on December 18, 2010. I received an apology from USAA on December 27, 2010 advising the "agent" made a mistake. This agent committed fraud. A third degree felony punishable by 6 years in prison. No action was taken against this fraudulent agent by USAA in Texas. On October 23, 2010 I paid $345 from my escrow account for a $180,000 dwelling.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Usaa Homeowners Insurance

USAA screwed a retired Airborne Ranger

I retired in 96 and joined USAA 2 years later. Three years after that they cancelled my policy because I did not join within one year after retirement. Watching these USAA commercials on TV *** me off because extended family members of veterans are allowed to join. I shed blood for this country. 22 years of honorable dedicated service AND I AM DENIED MEMBERSHIP!!!!!! I don't know how this company can maintain it's integrity. I am sure that I am not the only one. How do I go about exposing this ***. Every time I see their commercial. They shun veterans
Christina

The usaa employees turned in requests constantly to open membership to all military regardless of when they served because we need to recognize them all.general robles worked hard and was able to get membership opened to all honorably discharged, retired and current military. Usaa maintains its integrity.

USAA is back under the leadership of General Robles. In his short tenure of the past 4 years he has worked to open the membership back up to ALL men and women that served there country honorably.

I'm sorry for your experience of the past, but please trust in the fact that every minute of every day every employee at USAA is thinking about and feels privileged to serve those that have served.

1800531****

I like you wondered and stated for years that the membership needed to open itself up. We finally won that day last year.

I understand if why you may not wish to try them again, but please know that there is no other financial institution in the world that holds more reverence for those that are and that have served than this company.

View more comments (2)
Austin, Texas

Rent a car

My daugther got in a car accident on the 21st of july and the car insurance adjuster came out on the 25th of july and the car went to the shop on the 26th but the rent a car was taken back on the 29th how do. Single mother get her child from day care if she was hit by the other party I did 21 years of sevice and I don't understand she should the car until hers was fixed as soldier this is unacceptable to me now we have figure out how to get her from work

My God! First of all, pa-leeeeze proofread your posting before you send it!

First, did you have the rental reimbursement coverage? Second, talk to the father.

Options...she has a kid and now it is your problem. Not a complaint, just whining.

View more comments (1)
Farmington, Michigan

Rejected 3 days before scheduled closing after spending 3K

USAA has the worst mortgage department and has lost all of their goodwill from a 40 year USAA member. You must complain to the people you wish to complain about. Just try to complain and reach friendly CEO Joe. Does he know what horrible way members are treated? Does he know that it is impossible to switch processors? Does he know that they loose paperwork, emails and refuse to return calls? Does he know that after spending $3,000. that they required for the loan that they rejected the loan due to debt to income and lied about it? Buyer Beware and Runaway from this sham-- veterans deserve better treatment.

Feel your pain because we are in deep pain, our pre approval load was rejected on the day after USAA scheduled close date after we spent $5k. USAA mortgage services, it is a juck, provided all documents for our PRE APPROVAL loan 6 weeks before scheduled close date, we were told the underwriter was reviewing our documents and no problems on our qulification, but suddenly on the scheduled close date, asked us to provide same documents, less 4 hours later, told us the loan had been denied due to too much business revenue increase, what? because our business is growing, so we were not qualified the loan, is this a joke?, left messages, no calling back, emails, no returns, complain to CEO member relationship team,another a juck, a group of computerlized human trash, and a group of liers.

USAA tried to screw us over too, 5 days before closing!! They told us we were denied due to debt?income ratio and it was a lie!

Processor didnt know what he was doing, was caught in a million lies, then just quit returning phone calls to us altogether...

we withdrew our application from Usaa and went through Garrison Foster at VAmortgagecenter.com He was awesome!! Saved the deal that USAA almost ruined and closed our loan in record time!!

We have been trying to get a loan through USAA since May of this year. Now, they finally declined our loan 8 days before closing, because our "home owners insurance policy quote was more than initally quoted".

We only gave them one quote, and it was 2 weeks ago! Now, all of a sudden, its a problem that we were not able to even try to resolve-they just denied it!

Samething just happened to me the DAY OF closing.

View more comments (3)
ID
#251912 Review #251912 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Hartford City, Indiana
Usaa Loan

Not as good as some say

I had USAA at one time but switched to GEICO because I was dissatisfied with their service. I have now been with GEICO for over ten years. If the service had have been as good as some people say, I would still be with them. But that's not really what I am here to talk about. My truck was hit by a USAA member 18 Dec 2010 and they agreed (Finally)to pay for it. My wife and I were even injured in the process. But when time came to pay they sent us a low-ball take-it or leave it offer. I have called many times and talked to people at ext 44898, 25127, and 74507. I even faxed them and asked to speak with a supervisor. Needless to say they have not responded to my many request for assistance. If you go to copars where they sell their damaged vehicles you will see inflated values. This is so they can get as much money out of these vehicles as possible. This is not the price they are going to pay you if your vehicle gets damaged. They will have a company hired buy usaa, that works for usaa, give you the low-ball take it or leave it offer. You don't have to comment if they are a good or bad company. whether they did a good or bad job for you. I just want you to do one thing for me. When that USAA driver hits your car and you have to file a claim. Keep your eye on the ball. One persons complaint I read said they wish they could fire them all. But what we don't understand is we can fire them all. When companies like this cheat you or don't live up to your expectations, all you have to do is voice your complaint. 1. First and foremost stop using them. Tell everyone within the sound of your voice, your friends, your family, and co-workers. 2. Use every internet source available to voice your concerns, BBB, attorney general office, licensing boards, TV news troubleshooters, and local and federal government officials. They operate on your money (cash flow), stop the cash and you cut off the head of the snake. They have not addressed our injuries received in this accident, paid for our medical bills, for my vehicle, or even answered my phone calls. Posting date: 25 July 2011 As my granddaughter would say, no disrespect intended. I'm just saying

The info you provided makes me think you work for USAA. Yes I'm a little pissed about the situation and rightfully so.

It has been over 6 months I have been dealing with this. There is something to be said about judging without walking a mile in the other mans shoes.

If you don't understand what I am saying, you may need to brush up on your slang.

I'm just saying :zzz

Wow what you said makes no sense.

I get that you are mad but I trust independent studies and unpaid endorsers like Clark Howard before I trust someone with a vendetta.

People can make the numbers say whatever they want depending on what data they input.

???? :?

like I said

I'm just saying

???? :?

like I said

I'm just saying

Usaa is consistently rated at or near the top for customer service for a reason. No company is perfect and will always have a few customers with bad experiences.

Your chance of having a good experience is much higher with usaa than with anyone else. I have used them for over ten years and have been nothing but happy and have had to make a few claims.

View more comments (4)
Raleigh, North Carolina

Worst People In the country!!!!

A USAA insured didnt feel like waiting in traffic and drove off the shoulder of the highway and ended up t-boning our vehicle. The insured admitted to fault at the scene in front of the officer but recieved no ticket. Our car was totaled. USAA denied it was their insured's fault and did a very lousy investigation that just included of their talk with their insured. The adjustor ignored our calls and denied everything. Then USAA called us saying they admitted to being 40% at fault and would compensate only for 40% of the vehicle's price. We didn't agree but it was the most USAA was admitting to. They hung up the phone on us before we could arrange anything. The next day we call to verify we are told they now accept 50% of the fault and will not pay us anything for the vehicle that was claimed a total loss. We lost a vehicle, which is our main way of transportation to everything! They refused to listen or accept anything. This was the worst customer service I have ever seen. If I could fire them all, I would do it in a heartbeat.

I had a similar situation where they tried to say that I was 30% at fault for an accident when their driver ran a red light and tboned me. I couldn't get them to move off the 30% so I hired this company called Cerberus Subrogation Professionals to settle the claim.

They were able to get the full damages and I didn't have to do a thing except provide them with some of the documentation. Stand up to these big insurance companies. They try to use their money to push people into taking unfair settlements.

Don't let them get away with it. Fight for your rights.

While I feel your pain, the deafening fact that the accused party DIDN'T RECEIVE A TICKET at the scene of the accident leads me to believe that they weren't actually 100% at fault. Sounds like they were 50% at fault.

And where is your insurance company's fight in this?

You've written this like what's happened is a personal attack against you. It's a car ACCIDENT. Accident's suck!

And if the police didn't feel a ticket was deserved, their insurance isn't going to stick up for you, their going to stick up for their customer.

Advice - get your insurance to pick up the other 50%, get a new car and get over it.

View more comments (1)
Woodbridge, Virginia

USAA auto loan denied

We have been with USAA for 15 years with 5 prior USAA auto loans all paid in full, never late with automatic deduction from our bank account. We paid off our last loan in May 2011. My husband tried to prequalify for an auto loan today and it was declined because of 1 late payment on a non-USAA loan in the last 5 years. His credit score is good, income is fine but still a bog NO. This one late payment was due to the loan companies error and we have supporting documents to provide. So if your wanting to join USAA and think they are great to their members I would read all the problems members with long histories are having. They are not the same they used to be. I honestly think the customer service rep felt bad telling us the underwriters would not approve the loan as she could see our years of perfect payment history. She talked to them several times but said they were not going to do anything. It's odd because we have an approval from the dealer with another credit union for 3.89%. Needless to say we will be moving our auto insurance as well since we can get it for $1091 less a year for the same coverage.

We've been Realtors in San Antonio for almost 10 years. We would NEVER recommend USAA!

Usaa sucks!!!!!! Military did not pay me I let them know, I was in the reserves on active duty overseas had not been paid in months, I missed one payment and some how Usaa called my aunt in the united states and asked them if she knew me then hung up on her.The caller id had Usaa all over it!!!!These people are disgusting, they talk to you like your a *** and do not stand behind vets.That's the only payment in 15 years I missed, and all my other acts are paid off never late, now they wont give me insurance ,only if its paid in fool. Dont trust these ***

I understand your frustration. I too have been a long time member and the same thing happen to me.

I disagree with the last post as a consumer with a great business relationship with their bank/credit union would hope that establishment would back thier financial needs based on their good credit and long standing history since that consumer also helps the bank by paying interest on the loans borrow.

The service from USAA had declined over the years and thier customer service is not the same. So many long time members are leaving USAA and there was a time no other company could beat any of thier services but that has all changed now.

USAA is a conservative company and like many other companies who want to continue writing loans they are always watching the "markets" Its a recession and your complaint holds no water. Your leaving a of over 15 years over a loan denial.

You realize the company you went to may do the same to you.

Over reacting and then complaining will get you nowhere in life. Just my 2 cents.

View more comments (3)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Usaa Auto Insurance

Illegal collection of fraudulent debt

Years ago I had USAA insurance and an ex used the info and my social security number to open 2 credit cards. USAA didn't even verify to me wqith an email, just issued them... Their fraud dept did an investigation and supported a criminal complaint I filed. When the District Atty decided SHE didn't want to get involved, USAA decided to reverse their stance and come after me...even though they had provided the records for fraud... I took her through the courts and finally had her pay the accounts in full, but USAA, after cashing the check, is uninterested in taking the smear off my credit record... I'm a lawyer. They'll have 1 last chance, after which this lawyer will sue!!
Denver, Colorado

A very valuable tip for resolutions for claims

I also was hit from behind by a USAA insured driver on 05/29/2011 and upon making claim was given a settlement of "Total Loss". I was not happy with this offer and wanted a resolution. They told me they could give me a rental for only 1 day @ $30.00. They never returned my calls or mailed a form of settlement amount offered etc... and this was daily calls. A Customer, of ours, is an Insurance Agent, and he suggested I call back and speak with the Loss Dept., but to begin the conversation with this quote "To Make Myself Whole I will require the following resolutions etc..". I took his advice and called the Loss Dept of USAA and began with " To Make Myself Whole" and it was amazing. They upped my settlement amt. and issued me a $300.00 check today and will be delived by Fedex within 2 days for "Loss of Use Payment" with my decision pending on Revised Settlement as of 07/05/2011. It was amazing. Therefore by using the following quote " To Make Myself Whole" I was able to increase my settlement price and got an additional check above and beyond for "Loss of Use Payment". They will pay this immediantly without settlement resolved, doesn't matter if vehicle is drivable or not. So when your dispute a claim, remember this quote "To Make Myself Whole". You will be amazed and bypass all the BS!!!!!!!
Frisco, Texas
Loss

Low ball home repair cost estimate from tornado

I am a 44 year member. I have filed only one claim in that entire time for a car that was damaged by uninsured, unregistered, unemployed, and unlicensed drunks. Recently a tornado dropped two 6-7000 pound trees onto my house. Holes were put in the roof. Rafter beams were broken. Major cracks in three walls. The roof on both sides of the house is obviously caved in by as much as a ince to two inches. Major damage in several places to the sills. Every ceiling in the house has cracks, some up to a half inch wide and running up walls for 3-4 feet and across the ceiling for 10 feet. Cracks have started spreading from a major weight bearing wall along the wall where it joins others. This company is saying that all of this can be repaired for $37,000! The cheapest estimate that handymen with I hope a license have given in almost $80,000. My Registered Public Adjuster tells me that in over 30 years of experience, this is the worst company he has had experience with. If you think the low rates and smiles when you call them are good. Do as I have the last couple of days. Go on line and see what members who have had to submitt major house repair claims are saying. Unless it has been leveled, be prepared to pay for those low rates. This company has changed in the last 10 years and is no longer the USAA we knew. You should think about changing your insurance company.
Boston, Massachusetts

Horrible Mortgage Service

Absolutely horrible Mortgage Service. I have been a member for over 10 years for various insurance and banking services. However, my experience with the mortgage dept. Is one of ineptness, lack of any professionalism, or response to client services. I am 2 days past closing & not even near underwriting after my family and I drove across 4 states when our processor told us 3 days before closing "everything is on schedule." This processor does not return calls and neither does her manager or supervisor. Neither individual responds to client services to respond to a call or return messages. I am now dealing directly with executive resolution services without any change in the mortgage processor or supervisors attitude. These two still do not return my realtor's or my calls & e-mails after executive resolution services asks them to. Do not use their MORTGAGE SERVICE unless you hate yourself and don't mind throwing your money and time out the window.

They act like they are doing you some kind of favor for doing business with you. I was never a day late on any of my payments but they wouldn't let me refi because I am 15% underwater. I wish I was the kind of person to walk away from my loan just to screw them.

We've been working on a VA Streamline loan. It is now 3 business days away from closing.

We have made multiple phone calls & emails for several weeks now regarding erroneous fees on the streamline loan. We have not heard back from out mortgage processor via phone nor email regarding our specific concerns.

This is more than frustrating! Looks like we won't be signing paperwork at closing as planned!

This is still an ongoing problem and it is now October and I am in the same boat as all of you are. The movers advantage is just the opposite.

A huge disadvantage. I have come to feel that USAA is piggy backing on the backs of military members creating them to think they are part of some special fraternity of a bank with USAA and that they can do better than anyone out there. It is not true. Military members: Just know there are other options out there and do not assume that USAA will take care of everything, they are usually more expensive on all insurance as well and twice the hassle to deal with.

I have been a member for over ten years and have seen and felt the change with them towards customers. It is quite sad.

I had a purchase contract on the 11 April and a closing date of 27 May. After sending the same paperwork multiple times, I got fustrated and change lenders 8 days before closing.

Shawna Bywater from Ifreedom direct closed my loan on the 27th as scheduled.

I believe my loan processer at USAA was very professional but overwhelmed. Everyone's situation is a different but a good loan officer makes a BIG difference to your wallet and peace of mind.

we are now past closing.no return calls from USAA. only requests for info we already submitted. we will be yanking our accounts from them.

Ditto what Don C said. 4 days past closing with no idea what is going on.

Phone calls and emails aren't returned.

Talking with supervisor and changing processors didn't help at all. DO NOT use USAA unless you want lots of headaches - lots!

View more comments (5)
Bethesda, Maryland
Usaa Mortgage

USAA Mortgage Services -- Never Again

I have had mortgages with Citibank, Bank of America, Wells Fargo and Countrywide. This is my third home purchase and I have excellent credit. USAA is 100x worse than any of them. The employees take at least a full day to get back to you, if not longer. We got handed around from loan officer to loan officer with each one basically starting from scratch. We sent in over 100 documents, only to have more and more documents requested. We gave them 60 days from application to closing only to finally get approved 3 days before closing. The best part is then after getting "approved" and receiving "congratulations" emails, they decided to retract that approval TODAY, when our closing is tomorrow. They were very, very rude on the phone -- basically screaming at us to try to defend their actions. They should be acting as our advocates, not our adversaries. They requested our home inspection today, then said all these items need to be fixed before closing (tomorrow). That is utterly ridiculous. The appraisal went great, so we're baffled as to why this last minute impossible request. I doubt anyone there has ever bought a home or maintained a home. Their lack of professionalism is very apparent, and their incompetence shows when they continually ask for more and more documents rather than ask for everything early on. Despite giving them 60 days, I believe they waited until the last 14 to actually process this. They don't show any compassion, nor do they treat us like valued customers. In fact they hardly treat us like humans (more like a purchase order). I've been a longtime satisfied member but I will be dropping all my credit cards, my 4 bank accounts, my home insurance and my car insurance from them. It's sad because it was great for a long time. My attorney, real estate agent, and financial adviser have never seen anything like this before. Once I sort out our new home purchase, I am writing a letter to 4 USAA Presidents (of the areas that I feel should be watching this type of action) and attaching the names of all the unprofessional people.
Chicago, Illinois
i was with usaa for three and a half yrs with my auto policy. then i bought a home in april and after 3 days in my home my sewer lines had frozen and my water softner turned on to filter itself, couseing water to flood my down staires with black water the next day i...
Christina

Just like any company usaa won't always beat someone else's rate. Thats why we get "quotes" from multiple companies.

But my home flooded and usaa had it completely taken care of in 2 wks.

sorry you had problems. Couldn't say what the issue was there but they've always worked out great for me and I recruit people to them regularly.

Boston, Massachusetts
Usaa Auto Insurance
Loss
After 23 years with USAA we received a notice stating they were dropping our homeowners coverage because of too many claims. We have never filed a claim but called with questions about our roofover those 23 years.That apparently is logged as a claim. No one ever...
Kamel

This years SSA was BS one of the highest amounts I have seen in a long while but instead of it being a default like all years prior saying check it says to put towards ins. HMM I don't know about ya'll but its awfully fishy to me because they are not losing any money if it goes to your ins.

but if it goes to your pocket its a loss for them. I called and asked why my money was put into my ins instead of my account they told me because I changed it on MY online account and I'm not the service member mine didn't count. So why in thee *** do you have it on my account to do it?

So that was a 776.00 check I missed because I changed it on the WRONG account. BS just total BS.

Coral Springs, Florida
Usaa Claim
I just got the letter denying me coverage for life insurance based upon my diagnosis of PTSD. So here we have a organization that proclaims it supports the military, its roots are founded in the military and its membership is pre...dominately military. HELLOOOOO, what...

So how does a veteran with disabilities and PTSD get whole life insurance. Has anyone found a company that will allow coverage.

USAA let me down. They didn't even have the decency to call and explain why I was denied. I received a message saying a decision has made, and I would receive more information in 7 to 10 business days. I wish I would gotten life insurance when I was younger.

My parents told me I already had coverage and didn't need to apply. Three years ago they cancelled my plan and didn't tell me until a few months ago.

Lake Stevens, Washington