Ahh.USAA the self appointed vanguard of customer service.

If only they provided the level of service they self congratulate them selves on. I became a member in 1986 - that's right over 30 years ago. I have filed for an at fault claim exactly ZERO times in that 3 decades. I have had numerous auto loans, home mortgages, investment products, life insurance and credit cards during this time frame.

We had some issues with our last mortgage with USAA - our closing attorney begged us to use another finance company due to his experience of very poor responsiveness on the part of USAA but as we had no issues in the past, we elected to move forward. Bad mistake but USAA after numerous calls and emails finally apologized for their actions. Fast forward to 26JAN17 when my wife was hit head on by an unlicensed driver sustaining severe injuries. USAA initially responded well and promptly.

However, the car was totaled and the appraisal done by USAA lackey company came in well under NADA values. I naturally protested and was told to provide VIN's of 5 other vehicles which I promptly did. USAA response - doesn't change the appraisal. Now over 7 weeks later, I still haven't gotten a logical answer.

More infuriating is the canned responses and now even after I personally snail mailed 7 executives including the reclusive Stuart Parker CEO, I still haven't gotten an answer nor an explanation as to why a 3 decade long member has been treated in this manner. I am voting with my feet and have cancelled my USAA credit card, all my auto policies, my umbrella and rider policies as well as termination of any and all USAA products possible. Please be aware the USAA is decidedly not the company it used to be and any customer should shop your policies as well.

My "reward" for this reprehensible treatment was a $512 savings on a new auto policies with State Farm.I wholeheartedly advise all current USAA members to do the same.

Review about: Usaa Auto Insurance.

I didn't like: Senior and top management do not respond to complaints, Customer service i received, No follow through, Almost every aspect of handling auto insurance claims.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Usaa Customer Care
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $3000
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with USAA?

Submit review

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.