Show reviews that mention
insurance service customer money customer service account car bank claim credit
Filter review

USAA Bankruptcy Issue

USAA gave me the same song and dance about bankruptcy. They said because I crossed state lines (go figure, you have to MOVE in the military!) they were terminating my policy, and I was told I had two weeks to find a new policy. Nevermind the fact I have been a USAA member for over 10 years. Ironically, they told me the same thing, that "the supervisor was in a meeting." It took over 24 hours for that "supervisor" to call me back, and she informed me that I need to just deal with it, it's USAA's policy. I cannot understand why they are just going to dump a long-standing customer because I have to PCS. With that kind of customer service, I happily switched to Allstate and got more policy for less than I payed USAA. Best of luck with pushing your inquiry higher; I will never recommend USAA to anyone if asked.

I was a USAA member for over 40 years and found them to be deceptive, to lie and contradict themselves. I am sorry but I have had a bad experience with them.

To the gentleman who changed to Allstate, "Good Luck". I was walking through a Sears store one day when an Allstate sales rep stopped me and inquired about my insureance carrier.

I told him I had USAA and he said "Never mind, I cannot compete with them. I have been with USAA for 44 years, and will never change. They insured my children when they couldn't afford insurance anywhre else.

This is my company. Love it or leave it, I don't really care.

I came to this site by typing in USAA complaint. I notice people here that want to defend USAA.

Since when did a person that was happy with the service they got from a company visit a complaint site?

You are ghost writers and liars that get "paid" by USAA to do damage control. USAA does NOT take care of the military.

Major Ivy you are a ***. USAA was started by officers and now another officer wants to defend them.

USAA does not take care of our military. They almost demand that all business you have with them be set up by automatic withdrawal from "YOUR" checking account. It is *** to give "any" company the right to withdrawal money from your account. You loose control of your own money when you do this.

USAA does not want to pay out on anything. I had wind damage to my home from tornadoes and to this day I have not been able to get my roof fix, due to waiting and waiting, and waiting some more on USAA. So Major Ivy you "don't want to pay for my mistake".. When did it become my mistake when a tornado touched down in my housing area?

When is it somebody else mistake when they have any damage to a home? That is why you buy home insurance you ***. :?

Now on the original comment about USAA and Bankruptcy. If you ever have to file bankruptcy you are better off walking away from USAA all together.

Am going through something with them as well. One of their adjustors let us stay in water damage and flood for 5 days and now they do not want to pay damages.

They are stalling on payments. Any suggestions.

My policy is great. I love USAA.They care about me and my situation and just like the military they go by the rules.

Come on people you know they are right. USAA is a member owned company. I'm sorry but i dont want to pay for your mistakes.

So yeah go to Geico so my refund check can get bigger because of less claims. And PS you get more discount because there fee's are higher.

I too was upset with USAA after we got our renewal policy. It was going up again!!

The last 6 month policy in October 2008 had nearly doubled already due to our 16 year old son getting his license. I can see that. our premium for 6 months was $1400 for three vehicles all full coverage and our teenage driver. now they want $1703 for the new premium.

Nothing has changed, our deductables were at the highest ($1000) we have had no tickets, no accidents no nothing!! That is a huge increase! The rep on the phone told me it depends on your state and in our state there are a lot of accidents and occurances. So we are punished for others mistakes?

He also stated that USAA has to keep up its business by increasing the rates. I gave Geico a call and for the sames coverages we are now paying $1330 every 6 months, same coverages as we had with USAA. Very big difference. We were with geico a few years back then went to usaa.

Well geico is cheaper and I was told our premium wont go up unless of course we have accidents or traffic convictions. I do no reccommend usaa, go for Geico especially if you are military retired military or government worker, they give more discounts!!

View more comments (6)
Wichita, Kansas
Usaa Claim

USAA Insurance

The whole experience using USAA MoversAvantage and related services has been horrible. We are in the final stages of signing off on a real estate deal using exclusive USAA services and when we are about to finalize the USAA loan and USAA insurance needed to close the deal USAA decides it does not want to insure any more houses in the county the county we put a down payment on a house. (shown to us by the USAA Real Estate agent). This is coming from the company that solicited us to use their Real Estate Relocation Service, use their USAA mortgage Company and their USAA insurance. We really have a feel like USAA is abandoning us on this deal since we put a down payment on the property and are Expats overseas trying to relocate back to the U.S. Now we have to find another mortgage company and insurance company (from overseas)! This is very aggravating to say the least. I guess being loyal to USAA customer over the last 23+ years has no bearing on USAA's decision to leave us hanging like this. I would think most USAA members would be shocked to know that a company they grew to trust, a company who pride themselves to be loyal to it's members and who we exclusively used over the past 23 years for all insurance, banking and investment would treat their members in such a manner. Sometimes company's have to take a look past the $$$ they "might be exposed" to and look at the goodwill and relationships with their customers. USAA has lost allot of Goodwill in this instance and I am very disappointed with their lack of support to us Expats trying to relocate back to the U.S. So if you find yourself in the same situation beware of what USAA promises and do not assume they got your back covered... they are just like all the big insurance companies that look at the bottom line before customer service.....

We too have had a horrible experience with USAA Home owner's Insurance. After writing us a Policy in February they sent us a cancellation notice that they can no longer insure homes in our area for various and sundry reasons.

Then to add insult to injury they withdraw a three month advance on the Premiums which the Bank says I cannot recover.

Great way to treat a Vet and his family. Thanks USAA.

We are having the second issue with USAA on our homeowners coverage. For the second time I feel like we are being defrauded. It starts off with lets take a look at your coverage, to no you are not covered, and when you fight them on it they say you are in a gray area and their legal department has to take a look at it. What is the sense of having insurance if your company will not help you when you need to utilize the coverage we pay for?

I'm getting the feeling that they're trying hard to minimize any risk exposure on the property and casualty side, and given the general economic situation it's not hard to theorize why. I'm sure that their investments have tanked like everyone elses, and they're feeling cash-poor as a result.

The part that upsets me is that USAA is a member-owned company, so there are no shareholders to consider. In essense, since I'm a long-time member, I've been a stockholder for over ten years. I feel that they're clamping down unnecssarily hard on risk exposure, to the detriment of their members. Bottom line is that people keep telling me that they are not the company they once were and that we are better off going elsewhere for better quality, lower costing services from companies who will actually do their job should you need their assistance.

Right now we wait to see what they are going to determine while we determine how it is best to proceed with them from here.

View more comments (1)
Yellville, Arkansas
Usaa Mortgage
Loss
A USAA insured pulled out from a private drive and my son hit it. A Corpus Christi Police Officer saw the accident and issued a ticket to the USAA driver. My truck was totaled and USAA offered to settle the loss for 50% and a few days of rental. USAA never questioned...

I was rear ended on 12/18/2018 by a 18yr old that has never had licenses in the state of NC NEVER TOOK A DRIVERA ROAD TEST OR ANYTHING!!! And she was driving an USAA INSUREE’S car they still have not settled with my lawyer company should be shut down !! Pissed

San Antonio, Texas

USAA - don't get hit by their insureds

A USAA insured plowed into my garage in the parking garage of my building. I got an estimate for a new bumper ($1,035.00). The USAA adjuster looked at my car, told me I didn't get a new part for the car, even though the car had never been in an an accident, told me the car repair place which gave me the estimate was dishonest and encouraged me not to go there (violation of the law), and gave me an estimate $400.00 less than the original estimate I got. Lesson to be learned here - USAA won't treat you fairly. Beware!!!

I cam home to theft in March of this year and contacted USAA. Its now almost September and they keep giving me the run around.

For the collectibles that were stolen I had a company affiliated with USAA called American collectibles. I am also getting the run around there. USAA has provided me with 6 Agents and I had to tell my story 6 different times. They are clueless.

Assurant has taken the collectibles claim and has also given me the runaround. Unreal what they let these insurance crooks do.

USAA LET MY KIDS GET INJURED BY ONE OF THEIR INSURED 2 1/2 years and still have not paid medical bills, or any other damages! Their guy got the ticket their was even an officer their and they have never EVEN MADE AN OFFER!!! USAA WILL LET THEIR DRIVERS INJURE YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN AND NOT EVEN PAY FOR THE DAMAGES DONE MY DAUGHTER WILL HAVE A SCAR FOREVER FOR THE INJURY SHE HAS

View more comments (1)
Denver, Colorado
Usaa Auto Insurance
Loss

USAA service

I have noticed that the service at USAA whether banking, insurance, etc has gotten worst in the past few years.Their favorite saying is "sorry" and they all sound as if they are reading a script when they talk with you. Even the supervisors sound like robots. I would change companies but I'm afraid the service everywhere is going downhill. It use to be a top company regarding service, but no more.I am going to research and see if it is true that they are out scourcing their phone calls. I also suggest (where legal) we start recording our conversations with USAA so we have proof of what is being told to us.

I would like to say my experience with USAA has always been very satisfactory and positive. They handle everything on the phone, as there is no local office in the Norfolk, VA area.

Even though all is handled by phone, they have a claims adjustor at the body shop who has been extremely FAIR with all my families' auto claims. USAA was extremely fair to us with homeowner's insurance claims after Hurricaine Isabell a few years ago.

My family has been with USAA for fifty years and I have had auto insurance for fifteen years. They have been very reasonable on the insurance rates, and no one can touch them including State Farm, Geico, Progressive. A company that is extremely fair with their customers as well as providing top notch professional and always courteous service on the phone means I am a loyal customer forever.

Recently I had to make a large charge on my credit card, and USAA helped in that regard, with a large line of credit.

I have excellent credit and a very good rating with my insurance company, USAA. I recommend the company without reservation to all those who are eligible for membership.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Same thing happened to me with USAA....We just moved to Montana...I was told that I would not be able to renew my policy because of a Bankruptcy three years ago....Makes not sense because I have changed the policy before and had no problems. I am very dissappointed and...

They market to the military because they are leaches. Consider the best intentions of any company who makes their living off of service members.

They like these customers for the same reason any greedy organization loves the military, guaranteed paychecks. It is a god forsaken awful company, sorry and their customer service to us has been dreadful. Some people love them, we did too, until we actually needed them and then their true colors came through. We have been loyal for over 10 years, only filed two insurance claims and were put through *** each time.

They paid one and denied the other, even though they were minor claims. We have three (3) homeowners policies through them and two (2) vehicles. Our combined claims in over ten years has been less than $10,000. They denied us for one claim because the adjuster could not find the little code for the extra inclusion which we had paid for and after 4 months, calling them 3 times per week, going all the way up the chain of command, a top manager read the policy and said "oh yes, you do have coverage for that, sorry we overlooked it".

And now we have filed a homeowners claim for copper vandalism, despite the fact that it was owner occupied, under serious renovation or construction, they claim that because there is no furniture in the house and no renter in place as it is a 'renters policy' it is considered 'vacant' according to their understanding of the term, their definition of which they will not share with you.

So if you have a rental house and it sits empty for longer than 60 days and you think you have the peace of mind that you are covered against vandals, YOU ARE NOT. Even though our house was not vacant, they still claimed it as such and refused to pay.

Great Falls, Montana
My husnband is a colonel in the US Army ret- just got back from tour in Afghanistan. While he was gone we opened a HELOC - USAA had me PAY for appraisal- this was in October 2007. Two days ago (May 14th 2008) USAA called and informed me that they re-appraised our home...

Honestly, it's moves like this that keep USAA strong financially. If they didn't seek pmi and you walked away from the loan (many do when equity falls) they would loose money.

This exact situation is the cause of the credit crisis that is causing our economy so many problems.

I know it's a crummy situation for you, but this is the way the system works. If they made risky decisions on loans (like WAMU, IndyMac, and Wachovia did) I wouldn't bank with them.

Madison, Wisconsin
Usaa Loan
May 6, 2008 USAA 9800 Fredricksburg Road San Antonio, Texas 78288 Attn: General Josue Robles Re: Auto Account 139 ** ** Dear General Robles, I have been a member of USAA for 34 years. My parents have been members for over 70 years. My ex-husband, his wife and my three...

i have been with usaa for 25 years. never had any issues.

if you keep you credit healthy you will never have any issues .

if you cannot make educated financial decisions then even organizations like usaa cannot keep you satisfied. so stop crying and fix your personal finance.

ID
#120368 Review #120368 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Tucson, Arizona