Show reviews that mention
insurance service customer money customer service account car bank claim credit
Filter review

USAA Mortgage- Dodged a bullet!

First time home buyers here, and we're just getting started. We thought we would get our home loan from USAA since my husband has had insurance with them for 10 years now. After reading all of your reviews, we have definently changed our minds! Whether or not USAA cares or even listens to the angry and frustrated voices on here, just know that you HAVE done some good here people! I will NOT be using them as my lender, and THANK YOU FOR YOUR HONEST ADVICE!!!!! I think we may have just dodged one heck of a big bullet! Now, anyone want to recommend a lender that doesn't have thier head up thier collective *sses?

Hi, We got completely screwed over by usaa mortgage 5 days before our closing date! We ended up going through a different lender: VAmortgagecenter.com with loan processor Garrison Foster and they were able to help us!

They were fantastic!! I highly recommend them, they put us at ease and made the process painless, unlike usaa who made our lives a hellish nightmare.

Mobile, Alabama
Usaa Mortgage

USAA insurance So Very Unethical

I sometimes wonder how do the employees at USAA sleep at night. No conscience whatsoever. I wonder if they would like to be treated the way they treat people. Heartless..i was screamed at yelled at just for simply asking for my rights. I have nightmares dealing with this company after my auto accident with a USAA driver who was not paying attention..they refuse to acknowledge problems pertaining to the accident which is obvious. I am thinking of a class action lawsuit this is a 31 billion dollar company and they should step up to the plate and do what is right. Treat people with respect.

D/L 5/15/17 LOC: PUNTA, GORDA,FL Mishandling of this accident caused much anguish and frustration. The claim was paid before all facts were in.

I am USSAs insured atthe time and my cout date was 8/24/17.

no one helped me at time of accident or with this ridiculous subrogation not to be hwld until all info was available. My experience with USSAis not good, Am fightingfor my rights...

I work for USAA and since being employed there I think the company has gone downhill esp considering the amount of complaint calls taken. Also, I wish they would treat employees better.

Once I submitted a time off request 6 to 7 months in advance and still was told no.

In addition considering how much work is put on us we are given very little time to do it as they think answering phones all day solves everything. Very disappointing.

These people should rot in ***..well Karma will take care of them..for those who were treated fairly pray never to be on the other side of the table..you should not judge the ones who were ripped off you do not walk in their shoes..maybe some day you will understand what it feels like to be treated unfairly..this company is unethical check out their ratings..i did not come up with it..it says BEWARE doing business with this company...

For those who were ripped off this is what the ratings are with The Consumer Complaint Agency...Be CAREFUL!!!The following are the exact words from their website...

This business presently maintains an unsatisfactory rating with the CCA. Consumers are advised to use caution when dealing with this organization.

Yeah, lawsuits solve everything, especially negligence. Not everything can be peachy keen and only one side of the story does not tell it all.

USAA is rated number one in customer service by Consumer Reports (non-biased). Cheers!

We were involved in an Automobile accident and the other driver had USAA. Our Insurance company, Geico treated us wonderfully and even went out of their way to help the other driver. The other driver didn't have Rental coverage so Geico paid for their rental car. They claimed that both passengers cell phones were broken in the accident and Geico paid them $100 each for the replacement.

Then, several months later we received a letter directly from them saying we we liable for almost $2000 in non-covered costs and that we MUST send them a certified check within 15 days. We called Geico and found out that they had already agreed to the amount paid. Geico contacted them and they said "Sorry, that is just a form letter that goes out." Geico says that they have seen this happen before and the client was never able to get their money back.

We will stay with Geico and we will aggressively tell other people in our Military community to avoid USAA at all costs.

HM1, USN (Retired)

I lost everything to an apartment fire and they deposited the full amount of my coverage almost overnight once the fire report got to them. Then a few weeks later in our new place we had a bunch of stuff stolen.

Couldn't believe how courteous and caring they were. Was I really dealing with a company?

Felt like "mom" was making everything better! They definitely understand the unique needs of the military

View more comments (16)
Orlando, Florida
Usaa Auto Insurance

More then doubled my life insurance premium

My USAA term life insurance policy is made up of both a level premium/level benifit portion of from 10 to 20 years as selected by the insured and a variable premium/decreasing benifit portion lasting until either the policy has been in effect 50 years or the insured's 90th birthday. After paying in for 13 of the selected 15 years of the level premium/level benifits portion, I checked with USAA regarding any requirements for contnuing into decreasing benifits portion and was informed that premiums for the decreasing benifit portion of that policy were scheduled to more that double over what had been advertised as the planned rate.

An annual renewable increases in premium each year and at a certain point decreases in death benefit because cost of insurance goes up as you get older. Never get a policy or maintain one that does not have a level DB/level premium.

As a matter of fact, term policies in general are junk and that is where the insurance companies get their money because only 2% of term policies are ever paid. ULIFE and Whole life are the best options, especially for younger people.

Monterey, California
Loss
USAA is the best bank I have EVER dealt with! They are always there when we need them. We have our two cars insured with them, our Homeowners insurance with them, and previously our renters insurance with them as well as Valued Personal Property (jewels). I COULD...

I love them, too. They wouldn't approve our current mortgage and now we are underwater!

I wish we would have listened to them.

Banking, insurance claims, everything has gone smoothly with them for the last 10 years.

View more comments
Tyler, Texas

Does USAA want to receive NO money as second lien holders on California Short Sales?

Does USAA want to receive NO compensation when they are second lien holders on short sales in the state of California? With the passage of SB 458 on 7/15/2011 they can no longer require additional compensation by the homeowner to participate in a short sale. I have an approval from the 1st lien holder that is quickly expiring, and a verbal approval from USAA on the 2nd. They claim they don't have an approved letter from their legal department to issue. Not only is my patience wearing thin, but also my time. How can I illicit a faster response from them? They are cutting their nose off despite their face as they'll get nothing if the property is foreclosed upon.
Antioch, California

USAA General Indemnity Company

USAA, 9800 Fredericksburg Road, San Antonio, Texas 78288 I called this company 1-80*-531-**** on October 18, 2010 for a homeowners quote. The agent quoted me $666 for a $145,000 coverage. I advised his quote was "outrageous" and hung up. I was sent a policy stating coverage from October 18, 2010 to October 18, 2011 on December 18, 2010. I filed a written complaint with the NM Fraud Bureau and USAA on December 18, 2010. I received an apology from USAA on December 27, 2010 advising the "agent" made a mistake. This agent committed fraud. A third degree felony punishable by 6 years in prison. No action was taken against this fraudulent agent by USAA in Texas. On October 23, 2010 I paid $345 from my escrow account for a $180,000 dwelling.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Usaa Homeowners Insurance

USAA screwed a retired Airborne Ranger

I retired in 96 and joined USAA 2 years later. Three years after that they cancelled my policy because I did not join within one year after retirement. Watching these USAA commercials on TV *** me off because extended family members of veterans are allowed to join. I shed blood for this country. 22 years of honorable dedicated service AND I AM DENIED MEMBERSHIP!!!!!! I don't know how this company can maintain it's integrity. I am sure that I am not the only one. How do I go about exposing this ***. Every time I see their commercial. They shun veterans

The usaa employees turned in requests constantly to open membership to all military regardless of when they served because we need to recognize them all.general robles worked hard and was able to get membership opened to all honorably discharged, retired and current military. Usaa maintains its integrity.

USAA is back under the leadership of General Robles. In his short tenure of the past 4 years he has worked to open the membership back up to ALL men and women that served there country honorably.

I'm sorry for your experience of the past, but please trust in the fact that every minute of every day every employee at USAA is thinking about and feels privileged to serve those that have served.

180********

I like you wondered and stated for years that the membership needed to open itself up. We finally won that day last year.

I understand if why you may not wish to try them again, but please know that there is no other financial institution in the world that holds more reverence for those that are and that have served than this company.

View more comments (2)
Austin, Texas

Rent a car

My daugther got in a car accident on the 21st of july and the car insurance adjuster came out on the 25th of july and the car went to the shop on the 26th but the rent a car was taken back on the 29th how do. Single mother get her child from day care if she was hit by the other party I did 21 years of sevice and I don't understand she should the car until hers was fixed as soldier this is unacceptable to me now we have figure out how to get her from work

My God! First of all, pa-leeeeze proofread your posting before you send it!

First, did you have the rental reimbursement coverage? Second, talk to the father.

Options...she has a kid and now it is your problem. Not a complaint, just whining.

View more comments (1)
Farmington, Michigan

Rejected 3 days before scheduled closing after spending 3K

USAA has the worst mortgage department and has lost all of their goodwill from a 40 year USAA member. You must complain to the people you wish to complain about. Just try to complain and reach friendly CEO Joe. Does he know what horrible way members are treated? Does he know that it is impossible to switch processors? Does he know that they loose paperwork, emails and refuse to return calls? Does he know that after spending $3,000. that they required for the loan that they rejected the loan due to debt to income and lied about it? Buyer Beware and Runaway from this sham-- veterans deserve better treatment.

Feel your pain because we are in deep pain, our pre approval load was rejected on the day after USAA scheduled close date after we spent $5k. USAA mortgage services, it is a juck, provided all documents for our PRE APPROVAL loan 6 weeks before scheduled close date, we were told the underwriter was reviewing our documents and no problems on our qulification, but suddenly on the scheduled close date, asked us to provide same documents, less 4 hours later, told us the loan had been denied due to too much business revenue increase, what? because our business is growing, so we were not qualified the loan, is this a joke?, left messages, no calling back, emails, no returns, complain to CEO member relationship team,another a juck, a group of computerlized human trash, and a group of liers.

USAA tried to screw us over too, 5 days before closing!! They told us we were denied due to debt?income ratio and it was a lie!

Processor didnt know what he was doing, was caught in a million lies, then just quit returning phone calls to us altogether...

we withdrew our application from Usaa and went through Garrison Foster at VAmortgagecenter.com He was awesome!! Saved the deal that USAA almost ruined and closed our loan in record time!!

We have been trying to get a loan through USAA since May of this year. Now, they finally declined our loan 8 days before closing, because our "home owners insurance policy quote was more than initally quoted".

We only gave them one quote, and it was 2 weeks ago! Now, all of a sudden, its a problem that we were not able to even try to resolve-they just denied it!

Samething just happened to me the DAY OF closing.

View more comments (3)
ID
#251912 Review #251912 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Hartford City, Indiana
Usaa Loan

Not as good as some say

I had USAA at one time but switched to GEICO because I was dissatisfied with their service. I have now been with GEICO for over ten years. If the service had have been as good as some people say, I would still be with them. But that's not really what I am here to talk about. My truck was hit by a USAA member 18 Dec 2010 and they agreed (Finally)to pay for it. My wife and I were even injured in the process. But when time came to pay they sent us a low-ball take-it or leave it offer. I have called many times and talked to people at ext 44898, 25127, and 74507. I even faxed them and asked to speak with a supervisor. Needless to say they have not responded to my many request for assistance. If you go to copars where they sell their damaged vehicles you will see inflated values. This is so they can get as much money out of these vehicles as possible. This is not the price they are going to pay you if your vehicle gets damaged. They will have a company hired buy usaa, that works for usaa, give you the low-ball take it or leave it offer. You don't have to comment if they are a good or bad company. whether they did a good or bad job for you. I just want you to do one thing for me. When that USAA driver hits your car and you have to file a claim. Keep your eye on the ball. One persons complaint I read said they wish they could fire them all. But what we don't understand is we can fire them all. When companies like this cheat you or don't live up to your expectations, all you have to do is voice your complaint. 1. First and foremost stop using them. Tell everyone within the sound of your voice, your friends, your family, and co-workers. 2. Use every internet source available to voice your concerns, BBB, attorney general office, licensing boards, TV news troubleshooters, and local and federal government officials. They operate on your money (cash flow), stop the cash and you cut off the head of the snake. They have not addressed our injuries received in this accident, paid for our medical bills, for my vehicle, or even answered my phone calls. Posting date: 25 July 2011 As my granddaughter would say, no disrespect intended. I'm just saying

The info you provided makes me think you work for USAA. Yes I'm a little pissed about the situation and rightfully so.

It has been over 6 months I have been dealing with this. There is something to be said about judging without walking a mile in the other mans shoes.

If you don't understand what I am saying, you may need to brush up on your slang.

I'm just saying :zzz

Wow what you said makes no sense.

I get that you are mad but I trust independent studies and unpaid endorsers like Clark Howard before I trust someone with a vendetta.

People can make the numbers say whatever they want depending on what data they input.

???? :?

like I said

I'm just saying

???? :?

like I said

I'm just saying

Usaa is consistently rated at or near the top for customer service for a reason. No company is perfect and will always have a few customers with bad experiences.

Your chance of having a good experience is much higher with usaa than with anyone else. I have used them for over ten years and have been nothing but happy and have had to make a few claims.

View more comments (4)
Raleigh, North Carolina

Worst People In the country!!!!

A USAA insured didnt feel like waiting in traffic and drove off the shoulder of the highway and ended up t-boning our vehicle. The insured admitted to fault at the scene in front of the officer but recieved no ticket. Our car was totaled. USAA denied it was their insured's fault and did a very lousy investigation that just included of their talk with their insured. The adjustor ignored our calls and denied everything. Then USAA called us saying they admitted to being 40% at fault and would compensate only for 40% of the vehicle's price. We didn't agree but it was the most USAA was admitting to. They hung up the phone on us before we could arrange anything. The next day we call to verify we are told they now accept 50% of the fault and will not pay us anything for the vehicle that was claimed a total loss. We lost a vehicle, which is our main way of transportation to everything! They refused to listen or accept anything. This was the worst customer service I have ever seen. If I could fire them all, I would do it in a heartbeat.

I had a similar situation where they tried to say that I was 30% at fault for an accident when their driver ran a red light and tboned me. I couldn't get them to move off the 30% so I hired this company called Cerberus Subrogation Professionals to settle the claim.

They were able to get the full damages and I didn't have to do a thing except provide them with some of the documentation. Stand up to these big insurance companies. They try to use their money to push people into taking unfair settlements.

Don't let them get away with it. Fight for your rights.

While I feel your pain, the deafening fact that the accused party DIDN'T RECEIVE A TICKET at the scene of the accident leads me to believe that they weren't actually 100% at fault. Sounds like they were 50% at fault.

And where is your insurance company's fight in this?

You've written this like what's happened is a personal attack against you. It's a car ACCIDENT. Accident's suck!

And if the police didn't feel a ticket was deserved, their insurance isn't going to stick up for you, their going to stick up for their customer.

Advice - get your insurance to pick up the other 50%, get a new car and get over it.

View more comments (1)
Woodbridge, Virginia

USAA auto loan denied

We have been with USAA for 15 years with 5 prior USAA auto loans all paid in full, never late with automatic deduction from our bank account. We paid off our last loan in May 2011. My husband tried to prequalify for an auto loan today and it was declined because of 1 late payment on a non-USAA loan in the last 5 years. His credit score is good, income is fine but still a bog NO. This one late payment was due to the loan companies error and we have supporting documents to provide. So if your wanting to join USAA and think they are great to their members I would read all the problems members with long histories are having. They are not the same they used to be. I honestly think the customer service rep felt bad telling us the underwriters would not approve the loan as she could see our years of perfect payment history. She talked to them several times but said they were not going to do anything. It's odd because we have an approval from the dealer with another credit union for 3.89%. Needless to say we will be moving our auto insurance as well since we can get it for $1091 less a year for the same coverage.

We've been Realtors in San Antonio for almost 10 years. We would NEVER recommend USAA!

Usaa sucks!!!!!! Military did not pay me I let them know, I was in the reserves on active duty overseas had not been paid in months, I missed one payment and some how Usaa called my aunt in the united states and asked them if she knew me then hung up on her.The caller id had Usaa all over it!!!!These people are disgusting, they talk to you like your a *** and do not stand behind vets.That's the only payment in 15 years I missed, and all my other acts are paid off never late, now they wont give me insurance ,only if its paid in fool. Dont trust these ***

I understand your frustration. I too have been a long time member and the same thing happen to me.

I disagree with the last post as a consumer with a great business relationship with their bank/credit union would hope that establishment would back thier financial needs based on their good credit and long standing history since that consumer also helps the bank by paying interest on the loans borrow.

The service from USAA had declined over the years and thier customer service is not the same. So many long time members are leaving USAA and there was a time no other company could beat any of thier services but that has all changed now.

USAA is a conservative company and like many other companies who want to continue writing loans they are always watching the "markets" Its a recession and your complaint holds no water. Your leaving a of over 15 years over a loan denial.

You realize the company you went to may do the same to you.

Over reacting and then complaining will get you nowhere in life. Just my 2 cents.

View more comments (3)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Usaa Auto Insurance

Illegal collection of fraudulent debt

Years ago I had USAA insurance and an ex used the info and my social security number to open 2 credit cards. USAA didn't even verify to me wqith an email, just issued them... Their fraud dept did an investigation and supported a criminal complaint I filed. When the District Atty decided SHE didn't want to get involved, USAA decided to reverse their stance and come after me...even though they had provided the records for fraud... I took her through the courts and finally had her pay the accounts in full, but USAA, after cashing the check, is uninterested in taking the smear off my credit record... I'm a lawyer. They'll have 1 last chance, after which this lawyer will sue!!
Denver, Colorado

A very valuable tip for resolutions for claims

I also was hit from behind by a USAA insured driver on 05/29/2011 and upon making claim was given a settlement of "Total Loss". I was not happy with this offer and wanted a resolution. They told me they could give me a rental for only 1 day @ $30.00. They never returned my calls or mailed a form of settlement amount offered etc... and this was daily calls. A Customer, of ours, is an Insurance Agent, and he suggested I call back and speak with the Loss Dept., but to begin the conversation with this quote "To Make Myself Whole I will require the following resolutions etc..". I took his advice and called the Loss Dept of USAA and began with " To Make Myself Whole" and it was amazing. They upped my settlement amt. and issued me a $300.00 check today and will be delived by Fedex within 2 days for "Loss of Use Payment" with my decision pending on Revised Settlement as of 07/05/2011. It was amazing. Therefore by using the following quote " To Make Myself Whole" I was able to increase my settlement price and got an additional check above and beyond for "Loss of Use Payment". They will pay this immediantly without settlement resolved, doesn't matter if vehicle is drivable or not. So when your dispute a claim, remember this quote "To Make Myself Whole". You will be amazed and bypass all the BS!!!!!!!
Frisco, Texas
Loss

Low ball home repair cost estimate from tornado

I am a 44 year member. I have filed only one claim in that entire time for a car that was damaged by uninsured, unregistered, unemployed, and unlicensed drunks. Recently a tornado dropped two 6-7000 pound trees onto my house. Holes were put in the roof. Rafter beams were broken. Major cracks in three walls. The roof on both sides of the house is obviously caved in by as much as a ince to two inches. Major damage in several places to the sills. Every ceiling in the house has cracks, some up to a half inch wide and running up walls for 3-4 feet and across the ceiling for 10 feet. Cracks have started spreading from a major weight bearing wall along the wall where it joins others. This company is saying that all of this can be repaired for $37,000! The cheapest estimate that handymen with I hope a license have given in almost $80,000. My Registered Public Adjuster tells me that in over 30 years of experience, this is the worst company he has had experience with. If you think the low rates and smiles when you call them are good. Do as I have the last couple of days. Go on line and see what members who have had to submitt major house repair claims are saying. Unless it has been leveled, be prepared to pay for those low rates. This company has changed in the last 10 years and is no longer the USAA we knew. You should think about changing your insurance company.
Boston, Massachusetts