Show reviews that mention
insurance service customer money customer service account car bank claim credit
Filter review

The past year USAA Customer service has went down

I have been with USAA for 6 years and the first five were great. But this last year USAA has went down on customer service. I have applied for 4 loans and be declinded all 4 times from USAA but the three that were turned down by USAA was approved by Service One. USAA states it knows what it means to serve but they can not prove it by me. I think they need to do a consumer check and see the difference they are doing wrong. I have since left USAA and taken my business else where. I think USAA has done nothing more than use the thinking it is all about the money not the customer. Because after I got a decline of credit from them they call and the rep stated that they have to watch out for their interest. And that all late payments that were made two years ago on closed account also was used to base their decission. Tell me what would you do after that and another bank stated we can help. USAA will lose more and more customers and then what is their intrest going to be like.

Who Know, apparently you can't read.If I had your address I'd send you one of my financial calculators since you apparently don't know how to count. Thanks to Veronica for pointing out your error,

Dear TONYINSATX, it is obvious that USAA is now more than happy to take on higher risk clients. Most unfortunate.

They have instantly lowered themselves below the likes of Allstate and State Farm in Florida. They have increased the premiums by 12% to their loyal customers to finance this latest expansion.

Chris

Opps:) I meant January 6, 2009.

To: "Who know"

You need to learn how to read the date. The first post was made on January 1, 2009.

tony you are wise to reply to a 3 year old post maybe he is still reading this.

I was just reading your complaint and just had to comment, given the recession that we're in. It sounds like turning you down was the right thing for USAA to do.

Late payments are a sign of financial stress and/or financial irresponsibility and they factor into one's credit score. Also banks that had loose lending standards made loans to folks who ended up having financial stress and/or were financially irresponsible and that is mainly what has caused the recession that we're in. The majority of those folks defaults on their loans or couldnt keep up w/payments causing the issue. If they had never been approved this would not have happened.

The banks that approve loans to folks that are irresponsible are just giving them rope to hang themselves with. I've been turned down for loans before as well, but if that hadn't happened I'd be up to my eyeballs in debt now. Thank God I'm not and my family is ok.The only times one should take out a loan is 1) when buying a home and 2) MAYBE taking one out to pay for college. Everythingelse should be paid via CASH.

Personally I'm happy that some companies like USAA choose NOT to take higher risk.

Can you imagine what would happened if EVERY bank approved most loan apps and THEN the defaults happened? We would not be in a recession, we'd be in GREAT DEPRESSION II!

View more comments (5)
Bloomington, Indiana
Product
Usaa Credit Card

Usaa insurance screwing me

I was hit by a usaa member. company wants to total my truck for cosmetic damage. And wants to give me a salavage title. damage not that bad still can drive my truck. No frame damage. wants to pay $1200 dollars for my truck, worth more than that. People at ussa no help, never return phone messages. now i'm up to a supervisor still no answers. will back you back. they tell to talk to the state, do that then they say the state didn't tell that. have to call you back need to research more. this is a pain tring to do all this plus work. the accident wan't my fault and i'm paying for it in the long run

I was hit by driver who was cited by police her fault was able to drive away took to my mechanic est is about 733. +body work around 500 usaa called and told me total loss didnt make since since their estimate is higher than my estimate. I told them unacceptable the rep on phone told me i would have to sue them and hung up on me i have got my insurance progressive involve at this time would appreciate any advice

So you forgot to mention year make and model and how many miles are on this truck. Insurance companies don't MAKE you take a salvage title.

You had to have told them you want to retain the truck for this to be an option.

Sounds like the 1200 bucks is minus the salvage value which tells me your truck must be older with some miles on it which at that point doesn't take much total with or without frame damage. Just a guess since I'm sure there is more to this story.

Be sure to jot down the name of the representative with whom you are discussing the insurance problem. Next, put all complaints in writing.

Try to solve at the local level. If this does not occur, try the national office. If you receive no help, write a letter to your state insurance Board with a list of the date and reps.

File a formal complaint. Good luck!

View more comments (2)
Dallas, Texas
$1900

AUTO LOAN

ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO I APPLIED FOR A PERSONAL CREDIT CARD WITH USAA---AND " YOUR OPERATOR" MISTAKENLY CHANGED MY MAILING ADDRESS WHICH I HAVE ALL MY MAIL MAILED TO FOR ALMOST PAST 6 YEARS TO ANOTHER ADDRESS---WHICH I NEVER WOULD,VE OK,D !! APPARENTLY MY PAST BILL FOR MY MAZDA " TRIBUTE 95 " WAS MAILED AND IS NOW CONSIDERED " LATE" BY USAA---THIS IS YOUR FAULT, NOT MINE YET USAA IS THREATENING MY CREDIT AS IT IS " LATE"-----HELP I HAVE WORKED HARD TO RE-GAIN A GOOD CREDIT STANDING AND DO NOT NEED TO TRY TO RECLAIM SOMETHING I SHOULD NEVER HAVE HAD " THREATENED'---IT IS " USAA,S " FAULT---PLEASE TRY AND HELP ME SINCERELY THOMAS C. WALSTROM 11/ 1 / 08

Hey ***, you know you have a payment due no matter where the bill is going

Apple Valley, California
I have been a member with USAA for over 40 years. They used to be a good loyal and trustful company.But in the last 10 years they have been greedy and terrible with their costumers. I just had dammage to my house from Hurracane IKE. Not only it took them over a month...

I have been dealing with USAA about some financial investments I am making (entrusting my money to) with them. My experience so far with them is causing me some suspicions that they will NOT be there for me at the time of a property loss (fire, etc).

They have been courteous, but have made some major goofs in handling the investment -- amateurs!! Because of THEIR mistake causing me loss of interest, they will not stand by them and reimburse me for the mistake THEY made. Not good.

I am looking for another insurance company with good reviews to insure my home and automobiles. I don't trust them anymore.

Houston, Texas
Usaa Mortgage

USAA rips people off

Woman hits me not only does she have usaa but she is an agent with them USAA sucks fails to pay for damages to my truck even though police report says it was her fault bmw fails to yield i hit her police report even states that she failed to yield and that she was in a hurry to pick up her kid i have 2 witnessess in my truck who saw her fail to yield not just that she lies to officer says her friend was behind her and saw the whole accident no one was behind her their was no one their usaa says they wont cover the damages to my truck did you see the old people on you tube that they also ripped off?? Another one of their insured hit them and they wont cover them either! TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE 2 1/2 years ago one of their insured pulled out of a side street also failing to yield he got the ticket he admitted fault my children and neice were hurt in the accident to this day they have not paid a dime in medical, car or any other damages and their guy admitted fault and their was an officer their at the scene who helped me get my kids out of the truck incredible this company continues to screw people over i have a neighbor who told me he was drinking alchohol and caused damages to his bmw he has usaa as insurance he tells us that he was under the influence hit a slick road and caused damage to his car and blamed it on someone else usaa went after a totally innocent driver got the money from them to cover their guy when it was their guys fault our neighbor goes on to say that it sucks for us but usaa will weasle their way out of everything

They want you to get a lawyer. Most insurers do not deal with a victim directly. Sad, but true.

USAA will gladly take your money while waving flags and vets and apple pie but they are as nasty as can be if an accident occurs.

If you are a vet beware- get State Farm instead.

I have been a member for over 40 years and I let a lot of things slide but no longer. I have been burned on investments, found problems with the banking, been lied to by insurance agents, had to report USAA to the local department of insurance and found many problems with USAA.

Get real -- USAA is not the same insurance company it was 20-40 years ago. It is a different company. It is a cutthroat company and it is much more expensive than other insurance companies. The agents will lie to you.

Face it. It is not the same company that they used to be. They are mainly interested in making money. They censor my comments on their reviews and will not print anything that is negative except about once a month.

All my reviews have been censored.

Don't let these people throw you off. I've been covered by USAA my whole life and when I got into an accident and totaled my 2000 Ford Mustang, which had blue book value of $3,500 at the time, they wrote me a check for $10,500 and called it a day.

This whole process took about a week. The agents were very timely in returning my calls and they were extremely helpful.

@PissedConsumer369645

haha this company has been screwing me. i have been trying to pay my payment for the past two months and they wont let me.

They keep telling me they have received the money when it was never withdrawn from my account.

Who would have guessed that these retards associated with the military would be better than a real company? haha

@PissedConsumer369645

Total *** USAA cannot be trusted for anything other than to take your money and NOT pay out on claims as needed.

To *** with USAA....worst company ever and I've been with them over 36 years.

I've been with USAA for over 20 years with no problem until recently. I have personal property insurance that I pay for every month but as soon as I placed a claim for a loss of a chocolate and white diamond necklace, they canceled me!!!!!

All because they said my actual date of loss was wrong!!! How the *** would they know? They never paid me yet they chose to cancel my personal property, my homeowners, AND my auto insurance even though the last two had nothing to do with it.

I did NOT make a false claim, I DID lose the necklace, and I've concluded that they just didn't want to pay my. I despise them and they way they run their company!!!!

@PissedConsumer238772

The reason why the company is going down the hole is because the company is squeezing its employees. have you ever noticed when you call you are almost sold something.

yup, and if the employee doesnt sell you enough..regardless of tenure..your fired.

they get written up and placed on process improvments plan for not saying certain words. that is how it is...and so yea..the service a lot of times is good bc with weekley performance reviews..you will get picked to be placed on some sort of pip.

melissa

usaa sucks rips people off lets innocent children get hurt by their drivers :(

View more comments (8)
Phoenix, Arizona
USAA gave me the same song and dance about bankruptcy. They said because I crossed state lines (go figure, you have to MOVE in the military!) they were terminating my policy, and I was told I had two weeks to find a new policy. Nevermind the fact I have been a USAA...

I was a USAA member for over 40 years and found them to be deceptive, to lie and contradict themselves. I am sorry but I have had a bad experience with them.

Wichita, Kansas
Usaa Claim
The whole experience using USAA MoversAvantage and related services has been horrible. We are in the final stages of signing off on a real estate deal using exclusive USAA services and when we are about to finalize the USAA loan and USAA insurance needed to close the...

We too have had a horrible experience with USAA Home owner's Insurance. After writing us a Policy in February they sent us a cancellation notice that they can no longer insure homes in our area for various and sundry reasons.

Then to add insult to injury they withdraw a three month advance on the Premiums which the Bank says I cannot recover.

Great way to treat a Vet and his family. Thanks USAA.

Yellville, Arkansas
Usaa Mortgage
Loss
A USAA insured pulled out from a private drive and my son hit it. A Corpus Christi Police Officer saw the accident and issued a ticket to the USAA driver. My truck was totaled and USAA offered to settle the loss for 50% and a few days of rental. USAA never questioned...

I was rear ended on 12/18/2018 by a 18yr old that has never had licenses in the state of NC NEVER TOOK A DRIVERA ROAD TEST OR ANYTHING!!! And she was driving an USAA INSUREE’S car they still have not settled with my lawyer company should be shut down !! Pissed

San Antonio, Texas

USAA - don't get hit by their insureds

A USAA insured plowed into my garage in the parking garage of my building. I got an estimate for a new bumper ($1,035.00). The USAA adjuster looked at my car, told me I didn't get a new part for the car, even though the car had never been in an an accident, told me the car repair place which gave me the estimate was dishonest and encouraged me not to go there (violation of the law), and gave me an estimate $400.00 less than the original estimate I got. Lesson to be learned here - USAA won't treat you fairly. Beware!!!
Nancye

I cam home to theft in March of this year and contacted USAA. Its now almost September and they keep giving me the run around.

For the collectibles that were stolen I had a company affiliated with USAA called American collectibles. I am also getting the run around there. USAA has provided me with 6 Agents and I had to tell my story 6 different times. They are clueless.

Assurant has taken the collectibles claim and has also given me the runaround. Unreal what they let these insurance crooks do.

melissa

USAA LET MY KIDS GET INJURED BY ONE OF THEIR INSURED 2 1/2 years and still have not paid medical bills, or any other damages! Their guy got the ticket their was even an officer their and they have never EVEN MADE AN OFFER!!! USAA WILL LET THEIR DRIVERS INJURE YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN AND NOT EVEN PAY FOR THE DAMAGES DONE MY DAUGHTER WILL HAVE A SCAR FOREVER FOR THE INJURY SHE HAS

View more comments (1)
Denver, Colorado
Usaa Auto Insurance

USAA service

I have noticed that the service at USAA whether banking, insurance, etc has gotten worst in the past few years.Their favorite saying is "sorry" and they all sound as if they are reading a script when they talk with you. Even the supervisors sound like robots. I would change companies but I'm afraid the service everywhere is going downhill. It use to be a top company regarding service, but no more.I am going to research and see if it is true that they are out scourcing their phone calls. I also suggest (where legal) we start recording our conversations with USAA so we have proof of what is being told to us.

I would like to say my experience with USAA has always been very satisfactory and positive. They handle everything on the phone, as there is no local office in the Norfolk, VA area.

Even though all is handled by phone, they have a claims adjustor at the body shop who has been extremely FAIR with all my families' auto claims. USAA was extremely fair to us with homeowner's insurance claims after Hurricaine Isabell a few years ago.

My family has been with USAA for fifty years and I have had auto insurance for fifteen years. They have been very reasonable on the insurance rates, and no one can touch them including State Farm, Geico, Progressive. A company that is extremely fair with their customers as well as providing top notch professional and always courteous service on the phone means I am a loyal customer forever.

Recently I had to make a large charge on my credit card, and USAA helped in that regard, with a large line of credit.

I have excellent credit and a very good rating with my insurance company, USAA. I recommend the company without reservation to all those who are eligible for membership.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Same thing happened to me with USAA....We just moved to Montana...I was told that I would not be able to renew my policy because of a Bankruptcy three years ago....Makes not sense because I have changed the policy before and had no problems. I am very dissappointed and...

They market to the military because they are leaches. Consider the best intentions of any company who makes their living off of service members.

They like these customers for the same reason any greedy organization loves the military, guaranteed paychecks. It is a god forsaken awful company, sorry and their customer service to us has been dreadful. Some people love them, we did too, until we actually needed them and then their true colors came through. We have been loyal for over 10 years, only filed two insurance claims and were put through *** each time.

They paid one and denied the other, even though they were minor claims. We have three (3) homeowners policies through them and two (2) vehicles. Our combined claims in over ten years has been less than $10,000. They denied us for one claim because the adjuster could not find the little code for the extra inclusion which we had paid for and after 4 months, calling them 3 times per week, going all the way up the chain of command, a top manager read the policy and said "oh yes, you do have coverage for that, sorry we overlooked it".

And now we have filed a homeowners claim for copper vandalism, despite the fact that it was owner occupied, under serious renovation or construction, they claim that because there is no furniture in the house and no renter in place as it is a 'renters policy' it is considered 'vacant' according to their understanding of the term, their definition of which they will not share with you.

So if you have a rental house and it sits empty for longer than 60 days and you think you have the peace of mind that you are covered against vandals, YOU ARE NOT. Even though our house was not vacant, they still claimed it as such and refused to pay.

Great Falls, Montana
My husnband is a colonel in the US Army ret- just got back from tour in Afghanistan. While he was gone we opened a HELOC - USAA had me PAY for appraisal- this was in October 2007. Two days ago (May 14th 2008) USAA called and informed me that they re-appraised our home...

Honestly, it's moves like this that keep USAA strong financially. If they didn't seek pmi and you walked away from the loan (many do when equity falls) they would loose money.

This exact situation is the cause of the credit crisis that is causing our economy so many problems.

I know it's a crummy situation for you, but this is the way the system works. If they made risky decisions on loans (like WAMU, IndyMac, and Wachovia did) I wouldn't bank with them.

Madison, Wisconsin
Usaa Loan
May 6, 2008 USAA 9800 Fredricksburg Road San Antonio, Texas 78288 Attn: General Josue Robles Re: Auto Account 139 ** ** Dear General Robles, I have been a member of USAA for 34 years. My parents have been members for over 70 years. My ex-husband, his wife and my three...

i have been with usaa for 25 years. never had any issues.

if you keep you credit healthy you will never have any issues .

if you cannot make educated financial decisions then even organizations like usaa cannot keep you satisfied. so stop crying and fix your personal finance.

ID
#120368 Review #120368 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Tucson, Arizona