Usaa - Denied Vehicle Insurance and Will not renew my renters Insurance

143 of 487 Usaa Reviews

Like many citizens I have fell into financial hardship due to either hospital or lost of employment.My situation is that I was in the Navy and during my service I was involved in a car accident which resulted in back injuries.

I suffered tremendously but strived to work after to support myself. During my civilian employment as a Veterans Affairs Police Office I endured another vehicle accident, which literally placed me out of commission for my job and aggravated my previous back injury and made it worse. I had to resign from my job that I loved and during the timing I foolishly used my credit cards to survive to pay bills thinking and hoping I would get better soon to pay it off but my condition just worsened. I didn't find employment for 6 years and was in debt tremendously especially with USAA Credit Card.

I admit to my irrationality of usage of funds but and I tried to pull myself back up but wasn't able. Now I will also say that USAA insurance also did me dirty because they refused to pay for the medical bills of 2000 after my accident which I had to pay out of my pocket. My insurance clearly stated that I was covered for medical bills of 50k and more for bodily injury and they defaulted on their responsibility. To get back to the credit card they recently sent a tax form 1099c in 2012 to the IRS and myself.

Now I did my research and called the IRS to inquire what a 1099c was and it was a request for cancellation of debt so in return I submitted a form 982, which the IRS accepted and cancelled the debt and I also got a letter from the IRS to prove everything. Now I had surgery on my back and I am trying to get back on my feet by finding employment and cleaning up my credit I realize that USAA is still claiming collection on the debt they already request and have been approved cancellation on. They also rejected me for vehicle insurance and said once I move my personal items from my storage site my insurance on my personal items will be dropped as well. I use to promote them for the service they have claimed to give to current and previous service members but they are liars and deceitful thieves.

I also had money from my insurance which they place in a savings and they also took that money. It is dirty when someone sends a letter to the IRS to request cancellation of debt and the IRS approves and to turn around and collect on the same debt. I truly call that a dirty scam artist and greed. Our tax money was used against our will to bail out banks and mortgage handlers and I know USAA received money from the Feds and for them to disregard a person for a wrongful act but they got help and still has the ability to make millions yet alone maybe billions off the backs of tax payers.

All I can say is God works in mysterious ways and you will not prevail from your wrong doings. I had a car loan with USAA after my second accident and I paid off the loan a year prior to it was due but they wouldn't take that into consideration. I always paid my auto insurance on time and made sure everything was up to date but they couldn't give me a second chance but our tax money gave them a other financial institutions and vehicle industries a second change. I am now with another insurance company and even though I have to deal with nonsense from them I still pay less than what I was paying with USAA.

I will find a lawyer to fight the fact that they are collecting from the debt they already requested and approved cancellation from. I am advising my fellow military and veterans to utilize another insurance company because there are others who will provide better service and pricing.

USAA are thieves and a true scam.USAA always feed the BS in their commercials and service department how they are thankful to service member for their service to this country well USAA I would like to thank you for the disservice to me and other veterans and current service members you have defecated on.

review #476576
1 1 Helpful?
Had the same issue0 Comments1
Had an experience with Usaa?  Submit review about this company
143 of 487 Usaa Reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
lionman77

Feb 21, 2014 #787212 Lithonia, Georgia

I will correct one thing in this blog and it is that they never received money from the bailout. I will stand firm to everything else stated because it's the truth.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.